Jean's passing

djs1171

I want to thank everyone for their messages and sadly inform you that Jean passed away Monday June 14. I also want to do something else though and let you know that we caught the diagnosis much later than we should have as Jean was helping her Aunt die of this dreaded crappy disease. I think she knew she was sick long before she told anyone. I say this because she is an example of what the statistics are made of and I want each of you to know that they mean NOTHING!!!!!!! Jean was not in great shape before she got cancer and was not receptive to taking treatments to begin with. DON'T GIVE UP YOUR FIGHT if that is what you believe in. Unfortunately, I could not get Jeat to fight but only now do I realize how sick she had been without saying something. This crap has to end. 53 is too young and every chance I got, if there were three people in a room I made sure that they knew one of us were going to get cancer. Money has to be taken out of the equation to find a cure. OK, I've vented. I just wanted to let you know that statistics mean NOTHING. By the way, she died of an infection. NOT the cancer.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)
Unfortunately, I could not get Jean to fight but only now do I realize how sick she had been without saying something. This crap has to end. 53 is too young and every chance I got, if there were three people in a room I made sure that they knew one of us were going to get cancer. Money has to be taken out of the equation to find a cure.

I am sorry that you have to go through this grief. I wish I could give words of comfort to you. Instead you have given words of comfort to us. Thank you. You have also give Jean a legacy - by spreading the word about cancer and the lack of proper care for lung cancer patients, you will be her advocate forever.

Cat

My deepest sympathy for your loss and thank you for still offering us your words of encouragement to continue to fight.

I hope time will help you heal...but I hope you also keep your passion for doing what you can to spread the word...and I hope you'll stick around here. We all learn from and help each other....patients and care givers alike.

So sorry to hear of Jean's death and your loss. But your fighting spirit is truly inspirational. You need, as do we all, to keep it up and let others know how important it is to keep on battling this horrible killer. And to get a diagnosis in time to prevent it from becoming a killer.

we're with you at this time...and in the future.

Ellen