test trauma

gail

Being early stage and several years out means most of the time life is good. When I started this journey, i was a wreck the week before and the week after test and doctor time. Now I can get it down to a day or two, but with fleeting moments of panic in between.

Saw the surgeon today for my yearly, and decided it was an ativan day. 2 sisters came with me--"my entourage" as I call them. I had been very angry with the surgeon for a while until one day I realized he saved my life. But the trauma of the visit was still alive and well. How many times can I go and still get a good report?

Even with the ativan, my blood pressure was 140/80. It is usually a consistent 110/80. My pulse rate was 113. But the good news is

((((((((((((((((((((drumroll)))))))))))))))))))))))))

All is well and he will see me in a year!!!!!

So life is good but I am exhausted.

gail

Yeah, Gail! One year till next anxiety--I could go for that. I'm still on the every three months plan, and, I'll tell you, I almost don't get my breath from the last visit till it's time to worry about the next one.

My good thing though is that I get the results immediately--so at least there's no time to read the looks on the x-ray tech's faces and decide that they know something they're not saying.

My blood pressure goes sky high for the surgeon too--and it's perfect all the rest of the time.

I'm glad your results were good and your sisters and the ativan were there to help. Whatever it takes.........

Gail,

How great to hear that everything went good for you...

Am glad I am not the only one who's blood pressure hits the roof. Every 3 months when I go to the Oncologist my BP is 150 plus over 90 something. They always ask me if I have high blood pressure and I tell them, only here.

Congratulations again and go shop or get a massage or do something good... :lol:

Hey Gail;

Congrats to ya on the results; OUTSTANDIND!!!!! :):):)

I do know what ya mean about the anxiety, seems I'm going though it weekly these days.

anyway congrats again.

God Bless and be well

Bobmc

left pneumonectomy 5/2/01, brain mets, 12/18/03, WBR, 2/04

chemo- 5/1 for mediastinum tumor - can't eat or drink anymore- that sucks!

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today"