Teflon burning? Thanks Gosh for my dog

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I was preparing to scramble eggs & turned the burner on high (older stove). I put the teflon coated pan on burner and left room. I know how stupid this sounds but it takes forever to heat up and I was going to be gone just a moment.

Well, I swear it was only 60 seconds when my dog starts barking wildly. I go into room and the burner was red hot and the teflon pain very hot. I smelled nothing but I think my dog did. She was sitting by the stove, looking up and barking uncontrollably. She's WAY too small to have seen anything.

Maybe teflon burns easier than I thought, releasing vapors in the air before you realize it. It seems lung cancer patients might want to think about tossing their teflon or at least never use it on high heat.

Just a thought.

Cat

Well, Cat, I can tell you that cats are pretty useless in this regard. Couple of weeks ago while I was on chat, I burnt water, and the bottom of the pan. My cats slept through it. It did cause me a bit of a breathing problem, which seems to have had no effect on them. They snored away.

elaine

This morning I tried to meditate (lying down) while waiting to leave for my tests. I put on my sleep mask and Pleiades CD on stereo. Suddenly I heard someone change the CD.

What?! No one was there!

I peeked out of my mask and saw her standing on the low table the steroe was on. She had pushed a button and changed the CD. She turned her wee head & looked at me, jumped down and came over and lay on my pillow.

The CD she changed to: Sacred Healing Chants

You would almost think she knew that I was going to get such lousy news on the test.

Cat

I recently read that Teflon can be way more dangerous than people realize, it does put out fumes at not all that high temp - they recommend not having birds in the kitchen because Teflon fumes can do them in.

Good dog!! I think your dog is telling you something. You have many adventures still ahead of you.

Margaret

Just a HMMMmmmmm to go along with the Teflon...

A few years ago, I was buying new furniture and requested the usual "Scotchgard" that used to be oh-so-wonderful for keeping kiddie stains away... Well, the salesman informed me that they no longer offer Scotchgarding, seems the substances gets into the bloodstream and just hangs around. Of course, he said it wasn't toxic, etc., BUT.... Seems to me anything that just "hangs around" in my bloodstream doing nothing is taking up the space of something that COULD be doing something, like moving oxygen/nutrients/wastes...

...and then again, the salesman coulda just been blowing smoke...

Becky