I really need your support

ginnyde

The doctor called this morning. The temodar is not working, there are multiple more tumors in his brain and the liver scan report did not indicate stable but growth. He is going to call tonight and tell Earl. He says there is really no other treatments that would do anything to extend his life and that he thinks it is time for hospice.

I have stayed in work because basically I am a basket case and don't want to go home until I have my act together, if ever. He did indicate that Earl has already left us in some ways, although I told him he answers more Jeopardy questions than I do.

I have no idea how he is going to react. Just Monday I asked him if the Temodar wasn't working did he want to move on to other treatments. His answer was a loud and definitive ABSOLUTELY.

Please pray for him, for comfort and peaceful acceptance. I think I am sadder about him having to hear this than anything in my life. He is the most wonderful, loving husband a woman could have.

Ginny,

I am so sorry, you have gone through too much lately and it is so unfair. I wish I had the magic words for you. My heart breaks and I am so angered at the unfairness of it all.

You have been a WONDERFUL husband to Duke and he knows that! Tonight is going to be your roughest night ever and I am praying that you extra have strength and courage.

Stay strong. We love you.

Dear, dear Ginny....

How I wish you and Earl could have had better news. I know how much it must hurt your heart to think that Earl now will hear that his meds are not working.

But one thing you said grabbed at me....that Earl told you he was willing to try other treatments. I think the two of you should talk about this more and then let his doctor know how he feels.

It sounds as though the doctor is saying that it's time to give up hope...and we all know that we can never give up hope. As long as there is life and breath and a will to keep fighting...there is hope, right?

Know that you and the love of your life are in my constant prayers and wishes. This post makes me so sad...as I feel so powerless to provide you much help or comfort. This is just so hard.

But go home, put your arms around the Duke and talk to him about how much harder he's willing to fight....to try....before you make any decisions. And know you'll have many, many prayers heading your way for strength, wisdom and lots more time.

Holding you both gently in my heart.....

Oh Ginny,

Oh Sweetie, I am soooo sorry that you both have to hear this disturbing news! Oh................ :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I would trade shoes with you if I thought it would help. I wish I could give you and the Duke a hug. It's not a cure, but it's helpful at times!

I have no words, but please know your in my prayers always!

Love to you both.

Geez, I don't know what to say. I tend to agree with Addie.

Ginny, you have been a wonderful inspiration to me during the last year. You are the perfect, adoring, supportive wife (I read your story and from what you say there's no doubt of all of that) and I wish there was something that could keep your precious Duke around alot longer.

You remind me of the Reagans (hope you don't mind that) in your adoration for each other, and even though Pres. Reagon hasn't been "all there" for years I know Nancy would trade anything to have one more day with that dear man.

Please keep us posted, and I will pray for you two.

God Bless,

Karen C.

Ginny,

I dont know what to say either. I will pray for what is best, which is all anyone, in any circumstance can hope for. There are many hopes left, Ginny. After there was little other "harm" or help that the medical profession could do for or to my father, he lived several months and could well have lived more, with what I would call a good quaility of life. In some ways hospice tried to get in the way of that. So I urge you to be assertive and clear with the hospice you choose. I know it is not popular for me to say this about hospice. I am not against it at all. I just think one needs to be aware of certain issues. I am not going to go into them publicly. One thing in your corner is that you are so knowledgable and have been through so much with your dear Earl, that I believe you will be able to have a healthy hospice experience if that is what Earl and you decide. I worry about people who might be in an emotional state and who blindly will follow what they are told.

Thinking of you both.

elaine

Ginny, My heartaches for you, I am so very sorry. Like Connie IO wish I were there to give you a hug and comfort you. Please know that both Earl and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that one thing 'as long as there is life there is hope'. God bless you both.

David A

Ginny,

I really don't know what to say except that I am praying for the best for Earl and you. I pry that God guides you and gives you inspiration and peace.

I agree with what Addie said in her post. There might still be something out there to try.

Hugs,

Theresa

Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear the Temador is not working. Are there any other treatments that the doctor would try for Earl. What about RFA for the liver and the wafers for the brain. As Earl said, yes he wants to try other treatments. He doesn't want to give up. I would push the doctor for other options. There is hope and miracles do happen. Don't let Earl give up. I pray a miracle for Earl each day!

God Bless, Prayers and Hugs,

Karen

Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Everyone has given you good ideas if the Duke wants to keep up the good fight. I don't know what to say except I'm here for you if I can do anything. Let me know. Wishing all the best for you and the Duke.

Ginny,

I just read your post and I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear the news. It just breaks my heart to hear what the two of you are going through right now.

Today I went to pick my daughter up at Church. She is volunteering at a Bible School. I saw a personalized car tag that read "BIGDUKE". Well, I immediately thought of your Duke of Earl. I thought what better place to say a prayer for Earl. So I said a prayer in the church parking lot. I know by looking at all the posts he has many prayers going out for him. I do believe in MIRACLES and I want more then ever to see some miracles happen!

Ginny, you and the Duke are in my thoughts and prayers.

Diane

Dearest Ginny,

I am soooo sad over this news. :cry::cry: I just don't know what to say except that I am here for you if you need me. Like Connie, I wish I could give you guys a BIG hug and just make all of this go away. I hope and pray that there is something that can be done for Earl. I will keep you both in my prayers. :cry::cry:

Love, hugs and prayers

Angie