I really need your support - Update

ginnyde

Oh Ginny, give Earl a big hug from me. I am praying that the WHR works fine for it did for Buddy. That is the one thing that worked. Also, what about the liver and Gamma Knife or anything else that they explode the tumors with....I am a great believer in these new treatments of exploding the tumors individually....

Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear that you and the Earl are going through such difficult times. Please let him know that he is a huge inspiration and his fighting spirit touches me greatly.

I will be thinking of you in the next few days with the new treatments.

TAnn

Ginny,

Thinking of you guys - "keep the faith" - tell Earl that I'm looking for the Eagles to make the super bowl this year. I'm checking in on the board often and praying for good news. (I'll be in Philadelphia for another look at my eye this fall).

Jim

Dear Ginny,

So very sorry for what you and Earl are going through, it's enough to break one's heart.

I am sure that Doc must have felt so awful, and so he should. At least he was honest though, and didn't say he had an emergency or anything like that!

I am glad that Earl has an appetite, it is so important that we can get whatever we can into our husband's isn't it! Dave has such an awful metallic taste in his mouth that nothing tastes good, even his beloved frappachino has lost favour! If you mention food he just groans.

Prayers and positive thoughts for Earl's next treatment go out to you both,

Paddy.

Ginny, I am so glad that the doc mentioned another option to the Duke. If he wants to fight this thing the I say go for it. Like someone else said you can't win the battle without a fight. As for the doc...my brother is and my dad was a doctor. Not often but sometimes personal time with family has to take priority over anything else. I am glad he called as soon as his memory was jogged but don't be too hard on him for spending a few minutes with his son. Times like that are all too rare for a doc's family. I am sure he just forgot the time.

I keep you and Earl in my prayers and you are always in my thoughts. While the board was down I was so worried about the two of you. I hope the twinkle appears soon and that Earl is up walking a little better soon.

Nina

Oh Ginny-You are wonderful. I sit and read how you support the Duke and I cry. Why is it that as wives we take on that caregiving role so much better than our husbands? Mine is a great husband but still not able to talk with me much about the cancer. Choices I make I fell like I make alone-Except when it comes to treatment then it is full speed ahead according to my family. I picture myself hooked up to everything because they want it that way.

OOPS sorry-I am having a chemo moment. Really all is all right---YOU keep being there for him, and what ever he decides stand by it. Love you! Cindy

I am so sorry that the doctor was so insenstitive to YOU! I am happy though that you both have a basis for a new fight and some hope. I know that can make quite a difference. Perhaps a new weapon will help renew the fighting spirit? You will both remain in my prayers.