What I Did On My Unplanned Vacation....

Snowflake

Okay, taking the lead from Soccermom who cleaned out her junk drawers during the "vacation" of earlier in the week when no one could get on the board, I'm starting the new thread of what we ALL did when we couldn't post...

I actually spent the mornings of Monday and Tuesday at work, DOING work instead of browsing. Afternoons of both days were filled with tests and doctor appointments...

I kept in contact with a few people via email and am so glad to have had that option and not had to quit cold turkey! Withdrawals are bad enough when I can only log on during work hours! No chatting....ARGH!

And the rest of you?

I was trying not to go into panic mode. I may not post a lot, but I am always checking in.

We had our son's high school graduation party on Saturday, so Sunday was a quiet-almost-exhausted-day.

It just goes to show us how special this site is.

gail

I didn't have much of a "vacation" because almost every time I tried to get on the site, I could! :D

That said, there were a few times it was down even for my magic computer, and I used the time to work on organizing my new home office. Having just left a 7-year job to start a new consulting business, there's a lot to do -- from getting files organized to setting up a new computer to getting new letterhead, etc., etc. This room used to be my husband's office, but he's moved his business to a "real" office, so it's mine now.

The office is still a mess, but starting to shape up. It will shape up more slowly, now that the site is back up all the time. :wink:

BeckyCW

Spray painted an old lamp

Went shoppng to find a lamp shade because the old one looked old

Worst of all cleaned windows

Took pictures from the foyer to the living room and visa versa..

I hate the way everything looks so now its all back to where it started..

My hubby says I have way too much time on my hands...

Glad everything is back to normal..

Good topic Becky

P:S dont like the lamp either

Actually I used the time to start my story, which I did in Word. I had hoped to get it altogether and post it on my birthday, which was yesterday, but didn't get that much accomplished...so now I have to revise it a little. Although stating that I think "two days after my 63rd birthday seems like an appropriate time to post my story," doesn't quite seem so "appropriate." Oh, and yes, I did an oncology appointment on Monday and a chemo appointment on Tuesday. And I'm thinking about hiring someone to tidy up my drawers, under the bed, around my computer, in my files...you name it, it needs attention.

Thanks for asking,

Margaret

Weather was nice (for a change) so spent many hours

in the park, just in front of the building, played with all

the dogs that were there with their owners and went

shopping.

Helped my neighbor (90 years old) pack for her moving

from the 6th floor to the ground floor, and tried to stop her

from buying things she will never use, but lost on that, so tried

to get her to give away what she had not used in a few years,

lost on that also, so just got her more boxes to finish packing.

And checked the board, just in case.

J.C.

Got up, checked the board.

Threw in a load of wash, checked the board.

Took a shower, got dressed, checked the board.

Drove to work, checked the board.

Did payroll, checked the board.

Did cash receipts, checked the board.

Ate lunch, checked the board.

Did accounts payable, checked the board.

Drove home, checked the board.

Cooked dinner, checked the board.

Ate dinner, checked the board.

Watched TV, checked the board.

To net it out, I got bored checking the board.

I am so glad you are all back.

I'll have to be honest with you,

I basically lived through 5 panic attacks, a quick hairloss session(pulling it out), most likely gained 5 pounds and lost my voice yelling at the register company and while this was happeing

I too was checking the board about every 10 minutes while praying that it would magically pop up on my screen

Oh yes, forgot to mention, taking a phone call from Katieb about every 10 minutes telling me the site is still not up... Like I wasnt aware!!

LOL

Love ya all

My days were pretty much the same as Ginny's. About every 15 minutes I checked the boards to see if they were up and running. The first thing I did was enroll in a detox program for LCSC junkies. :lol::lol: Seriously, I did get some much need housework done and took the kiddos to the pool one day. When I found out that it wasn't just me that couldn't access the boards, and I knew that the site was unavailable, I did a good bit of work in my garden. Now, I've picked the garden bare. I have all of this stuff in my refrigerator.........the site is back up..........now I don't want to go and preserve all of my garden goodies. :roll: Too many posts to catch up on. Oh well, I guess that stuff will still be there tomorrow. :lol:

Angie

I have a great idea, Katie. You, Rick, and the kids come to Georgia for TBone's belated 50th birthday celebration on July 4th. Party at the pond at ViVi's house. Water trampoline. Beach balls. Mexican food. Fireworks. Music. Good ole redneck company. What more could you ask?!?! :lol::lol:

Oh heck - the rest of you should come too!! The more the merrier!

Blessings,

TeeTaa

TeeTaa

Better watch the invite........I'm close enough to take you up on it. :lol: Can you Georgia rednecks handle some Alabama rednecks?? We have gatherings like that also. Although, since my Mom has put in an inground pool, we party around the "cement pond". :lol: Seriously, we are planning a trip to Six Flags in Atlanta some time this summer. Are you close enough to Six Flags that we might be able to meet up? I would love to meet some of your clan! You guys are great! I have a feeling that we would get along just fine.

Angie

Oooh, Angie, that sounds like fun! I'll PM you about that Six Flags trip - my girls have been wanting to go too, so maybe we can figure out a time when we could all go together.

And as far as TBone's b'day celebration is concerned, I'd already figured you might take me up on the offer. That'd be great! But I have to question your favoring a "cement pond" - it's no fun when you can see the bottom!! And besides - thinking about how close those 3-4 foot carp, as well as the bass, bream, frogs, snakes, turtles, etc. are to your little footsies makes it more interesting! Not to mention the fact that there are so many of us that if we were to all get in a swimming pool, that little issue of water displacement would result in a MUCH shallower pool once we all got out! :lol::lol:

It's raining here AGAIN this morning, so although I can't take my girls to the park as they're insisting, my flowers and plants look just beautiful. I sure wish I could share my phlox, purple coneflowers, roses, daylilies, and pink Sally-at-the-Gate with you all, if only to brighten your day!

Blessings,

TeeTaa

DavidA -

You misunderstood - I wasn't inviting you to a party at MY house. I was inviting you to VIVI'S house. I ain't stupid, you know! And I loved that "calling the cops on ourselves" comment . . . there's nothing like fun out in the boondocks, is there?!?!

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Guest NowakowDA

Curled up into a ball on the floor and laid shaking and moaning. After a while, I would get up and check the net again. Then it was right back into a ball and more vibrating. I know it was less then a day, but it seemed like it lasted forever.

Don

Well Snowflake, I never got an e-mail???????

I just thought to myself, better take some lessons in how to fix my computer to get the sight back on line. I always figure I do something wrong when it isn't up....wouldn't be the first time....

I almost put out an APB to two of my neighbors to come and fix my puter....then I saw an e-mail from Connie. It was a love e-mail, not a hate one.

Uh, Norme...I don't have your email address! Anything I had to look up on the site was out of my hands....if it was something I had saved in my email, I had the address.

I'll PM you my email...

Becky

The site was down??? lol. I only checked a few times an hour. Finally on the second day of withdrawals, I hacked my way in. Pretty good for a computer illiterate, huh? I don't know how I did it, but I somehow got into my mailbox, but it was a like a mailbox from the past! It had new mail in it, but it was the old mailbox because it still had the option to send e-cards, which we no longer have! I don't know where I was, but I was in my mailbox. ConnieB can verify that. lol.

So that's my story.

elaine