complications

Does anyone know if this is common for a vats surgery, my husband is still not well and still swollen, he was feeling really bad last night with fever. He took all his iv lines out and his oxygen, they had to give him a shot for the pain and to calm him. This morning he told me I was the cause of his pain and suffering and in 3 days he has not told me he loves me. This is so hard to deal with and then being blame for him having surgery. I guess he feels that because they found no cancer the surgery was therefore not needed, to that question i have no answer. I now wonder if they should have done a pet scan to really know if the area was cancerous. Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference. I hope tomorrow is better but I was just told a little while ago that he would probably not be coming home on Wed because they are concerned with the possibility of phenumonia or stroke. He is not going to be happy with that news.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I wish I could help here but I'm not familar with complications of VAT surgery. I thought it was supposed to be so much better and reduce complications.

How hard to have to hear him say such things to you. You're a kind soul for being there. Maybe it's not really him talking - it could be a lack of oxygen effecting his behavior.

I'm not sure what type of insurance you're on but most ins. companies are really miserly when it comes to allowing PET scans. From my experience, doctors do not routinely recommend them because the insurance companies won't pay for them.

Try not to second guess your decisions here. I know it's hard not to but remember that you are doing the best you can in a very difficult situation.

Prayers to you and your husband.

Cat

Everyone's prayers must of helped my husband looked much better today and they removed his iv lines, we spoke to the dr. and they are going to remove the chest tube tomorrow and if no complications set in they may release him to go home on Wednesday. The dr. said he looked much better he was expecting--so thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.