waiting for ultrasound and bloodwork

Lisa O

Three months ago, I got results of an elevated CA125 and some suspicious cysts on my ovaries. My oncologists (thoracic and gynecologic) both believe it can be related to the lung cancer but cannot rule out ovarian metastasis or primary cancer. I have just repeated the CA125 and ultrasound but will not have the results till Friday. I am nervous even though I know that there is probably little likelihood of yet another cancer. I HATE WAITING!

I HATE waiting, too! I don't know what's worse, those darn tests or the waiting...well, that's not EXACTLY true...at the time of the test, they're worse, but afterward, the waiting is the worst...

Hope it's all a crappy read from what's already going on!

See you in July!

Becky

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Yeah, waiting is a big time worry inducer. Let's hope the reading was off.

Praying for you big time.

Cat

I cannot thank everyone enough for your support and well wishes. My CA125 went down. There is still a cyst on the ovary and now there is a cyst in the uterus but no real worry that those are malignant. The gynecologic oncologist mentioned that they may be due to the Iressa but said that there are not many studies on the longer usage of Iressa in woman my age. We are still going to follow them but I am not worried about them. Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart for the prayers and good thoughts.

Lisa,

I didnt' post originally because I was late, but I've been watching the thread for the results...

Am so glad to hear that the news is goodll!!! Now enjoy the weekend, I'm sure you worried all week...

See this.... :D ....that's a BIG, happy smile at your news, Lisa! I just had a feeling this wasn't going to be anything to worry about...and I'm so happy that that's the case! Easy enough to follow these cysts...but meanwhile, the worry and waiting is gone!

Big sigh of relief...and ON with Life! :)