This ain't fun

brm1949

Its been awhile since I posted last and I know I should keep up with this site but I just didn't want to deal with cancer anymore. I know that's not a good attitude and close to denial but I got my wake up call yesterday after my routine ct scan. I wasn't home 2 hrs before my Dr pushed my next appointment up a week and started schedualing pet/ct scan for next week. apparently lymph nodes on my right side have shown up worrisome and prompt the tests. He didn't want to elaborate on what he thought until he gets results from the pet/ct scan. This is the first time they used this machine on me. They said the test only takes about 30-40 minutes and the combined results give better information. I'm a little confused because I had 33 lymph nodes taken out with 3 positive on the right with the radical neck dissection. I thought they took them all. I quess there are more than 33. There is no doubt that this cancer is a rollercoaster from hell. I will get up in the morning ready to battle again, right now I just don't want to deal with it. Sorry for staying away for so long.

It's ok to take a break but you forgot to request a hall pass. I was wondering where you were. Don't do that! Let us know so we don't worry.

Wishing you all the best! Hang in there and keep us posted.

Rochelle

Hi Bruce and welcome back! I, too, had wondered where you were. Better watch out for Ry - she's especially tough on men that don't request a hall pass.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a new worry to deal with, and another wait. It's just no fun, and in fact, can literally tear us to pieces. Unfortunately, as you know, from all your experience with this crappy disease, there's no getting around it. I'm sorry you have to wait, but know that I will pray for you.

Got any 1,000 piece puzzles you can start working? They keep my mind totally occupied.

God bless you,

Peggy

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I was wondering where you were Bruce but I understand the need to get away from any and all talk about cancer. Kinda sick of it myself.

PET/CT is awesome technology. I am praying that everything is fine for you.

Cat

Bruce,

I had been wondering if you were ok. I am so sorry to hear about your questionable results. I hope the CT/PET shows it was a mistake. Meanwhile, I keep you in my prayers and will be crossing my fingers that all of your future tests get better results. I hate the wait as well.

Nina

Bruce,

You're right....a lot of this isn't fun. It's physically tiring and painful. It's scarey as heck. It's depressing. And feeling this is normal. And we all do it. But if we are going to have any kind of life at all as Lung Cancer Survivors then we have to make a conscious and deliberate decision to put aside the negatives for a while, and focus on the love and laughter IN SPITE of the negatives. It's hard to do when we hurt and we are short of breath and we are constantly reminded by that little voice inside our heads telling us "You probably won't be here next Christmas-Father's Day-Halloween-Grandson's Birthday-Whatever Special Occasion It Is Day." That little voice tries to suck out every bit of happiness we may be feeling.

Wish I could make it better, Bruce, for all of us. :(

Thanks to everyone for your support, still haven't heard from my insurance for approval but will hopefully hear soon and get this battle with the beast on and defeat and set it back again. Hopefully they will find the primary this time so we can cut it off at its head.

Sorry for not getting a hall pass, will be sure to follow the rules from now on.

Hey Bruce,

I will keep you in my prayers for good tests next week. My husband is scheduled for a pet/ct next week as well. I hoping it is good news all around for both of us.

Never feel bad for needing a break from this disease. I can't imagine the person who doesn't need to just get away every once and a while. But when you are ready, we will be here for you .

Carleen

Bruce,

We have missed you. I do understand not wanting to deal with cancer and taking a break from it all. I do it too. I am saying prayers for good results for you and please know that we all care very much!!

God Bless You,

Jane

Hi Bruce,

I'm new to this board, but not new to the cancer rollercoaster... It sure does reek havoc with your emotions. I think we all need a break from time to time, but it sure is nice to know that you have friends to return to. Everyone here understands the need to get away for a bit, I'm sure.

Bruce, I am sure the most recent report threw you for a loop, but I can sense that you are a real fighter. You can do this . Keep us informed of your future progress.

My prayers are with you

sue