Got this clinical trial in my inbox

Karma1976

I am sure someone can shed light on this...do not know how accurate or what this thing is BUT wanted to post

Lung Cancer Clinical Trial

At some point in the past you used the NexProfiler Treatment Option Tool for Lung Cancer. At the time you registered for this treatment decision tool, you indicated that you would be interested in being contacted by NexCura, which operates the NexProfiler Tool for Cancer, for opportunities to participate in clinical research specific to the treatment of lung cancer.

I am writing to let you know that a Phase 3 clinical trial for non small-cell lung cancer is currently enrolling at clinical sites throughout the United States. The trial, known as the ASSIST-2 trial, is studying an investigational cancer drug called TLK286 (or Telcyta™). TLK286 was discovered and is being developed by Telik, Inc.

Telik has created a Web site — www.ASSIST-2Trial.com — to provide detailed information about the ASSIST-2 clinical trial and TLK286.

In order to be eligible to be considered for enrollment in the ASSIST-2 trial, you must meet all these criteria:

You must be 18 years of age or older.

You must be diagnosed with non small-cell lung cancer.

You must have recurrent non-small cell lung cancer that can be measured with a CT scan, MRI scan or physical exam.

You must have received two prior chemotherapy regimens.

The two chemotherapy regimens must have included a platinum agent and docetaxel.

You have never received TLK286 or Iressa®.

If you are interested in learning more about this study, please visit — www.ASSIST-2Trial.com

If you have any questions or concerns about this e-mail, please contact:

E-mail: info@education.nexcura.com

Address: Patient Information Services,

1725 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 300, Seattle WA 98109

If you wish to review NexCura's Privacy Statement, visit: http://www.NexCura.com/nexcura/Nexcura_Privacy.asp

It says it is a glutathione analog. There has been some research that glutathione may make chemo work better.

I think there is a big article on glutathione on www.lef.org

Cancer cells use glutathione to protect themselves from chemotherapy, BUT by taking glutathione paradoxically it actually increases the effectiveness of the chemo. (This is the theory, not sure how much evidence exists).

I read and wrote on here a long time ago that whey protein is actually supposed use glutathone some how to increase the effectiveness of chemo.

Joe B posted something about glutathione and you can search this web site for glutathione and there are some hits

http://www.lchelp.com/community/viewtop ... lutathione

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag97/nov-report97.html