Thanks for having me!!

Hello everyone,

My husband is the one diagnosed with cancer , but I truly feel that we are both victims and it is "our battle". Yes, "battle", we will continue to fight it with mega doses of prayer, positive thoughts and every positive resource available to us. His battle began in April of 2001 with losing his right lung and is recurrent now , as of January 2004 diagnosis. It came back in the stump to the right lung, the lymph nodes and spread to the adrenal gland on the left side.

I was referred here by Tess, who is a member of this group. Thank you Tess for reaching out and sharing your kind heart, your bravery and this group of compassionate people with us. She and I also belong to whyquit.com which is a smoking cessation site that is second to none.

I am not sure what to say at this point, as I am the newbie here, but I can relate to your stories and my heart goes out to all of you. I look forward to sharing all the emotions, challenges, and results of our efforts with all of you.

God Bless you all!!! Sue

Welcome Sue,

Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us. You won't find a more helpful, wonderful, sharing group. Please visit often and let us know how things are progressing. You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Hugs,

Nancy

Hi, Sue, and welcome! Your husband is an inspiration to us all as a 3-year LC survivor. Sorry that it has returned. My wife took taxotere with success, so I wish the same for yours. Yes, cancer is a family disease -- when one gets it all are involved. Keep posting. Don

Welcome Sue,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's reoccurance. I know how you feel when you said you felt like you were both victims. I feel that way too. If hurts me terribly when my husband hurts, and I feel like I fight each step of the way with him for we are one.

I am glad you joined out group, as there is so much love, caring and knowledge here.

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

God Bless

Carleen

Sue,

So sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you are. Welcome...

...and as an aside, don't view yourselves as "victims", you are "Warriors", "Survivors", but NEVER a victim. Victim implies you are wounded and are just going to let it over run you and I don't see that in your attitude... WARRIORS, Sweet Sue!

I'm not real pleased with all aspects of this journey, but my traveling companions are second to none.

Welcome, again,

Becky

Hi Sue and a great big WELCOME to you. I ditto Carleen. You and your hubby ARE one. When mine was first diagnosed he didn't understand why I was crying because I wasn't the one with cancer. HELLO! He gets it now. You know, sometimes with these men, we just gotta SPELL IT OUT!!

It's unfortunate that your husband has had a recurrence, but you know, something has been working right for him for the past three years, and if I were you, I would just ride along on that theme. It sounds like that is exactly what you're doing.

I will add you and your husband to my prayer list. Once again, welcome, and write to us often!

God bless you,

Peggy

I would just like to thank everyone for your warm welcome. It truly helps to be surrounded by others that understand the same emotional and physical challenges that you and the ones you love are having to face. Among the replies , I see friends old and new. Tess and Kelly are my Freedom (www.whyquit.com) friends as well.

Kelly, seeing your post here touches my heart and I want you to know that your sister Kim left footprints on my heart that will last forever. She was such a brave a generous person. The two of you are on my mind, as we go through our own battle.

I've been reading many of your stories and replies. Such a brave bunch you all seem to be. Becky, I will remember that we are "warriors" :wink: . Looking forward to joining in with the group. Again, thank you to all and God Bless each and every one of you.

sue