FOUND THE NEWCOMER POST IT BOARD.....

Guest spiritual

Guest spiritual

Hi all,

I am the caregiver and partner to my love one, spiritual. She was diganosed on 2/13/04 with stage IV NSLC adenocarcinoma. They told her for months it was fibromaylgia??? (misdiaganosed and was overlooked for treatment for 6 months). I went to another board and post or vent out my anger and Dogwood was the one that made me feel welcomed by saying that "it was okay to vent" that is all I needed to hear. But I plan to stick around because I am responsible for making life what I want it to be and I am getting a lot of info from reading the boards.

I have my wagon full---I am 38 years old and my whole life changed in a couple of weeks. I became a legal guardian for my 12 year old nephew, and now the caregiver for my partner. On top of that I work for a busy busy firm.

she is taking chemo but is on and off because of her low blood counts. I need to get the exact info on her treatment. I see you all keep track of the type of chemo administered and other meds taken. I will get all this since I sent out for her "oncologist medical reports" hopefully it gives me the whoe run down on what was given to her on day 1 and where we are headed towards.

I have hope that she is a miracle and will beat the 2 year point. Thanks to some postings I have read. They won't operate on her tumor since it is near her windpipe. the tumor is near her right lung and was told that the cancer is in her bloodstream (all lypmh nodes) but for whatever reason her left lung is clear and good. Her pet scan is not evident of any bone met and no brain met. This is quite promising. Her last cat scan showed that the tumor was kept at bay (no change---which I think is good). There are some small ones (i think the doc said maybe other small tumors, but again I will see the report and get some cleared information).

she is on some injection for 4/5 days to get her blood count up and is schedule for another chemo treatment 7/9. It seems when she gets these injections (neuprogen???) she does well and the chemo is given with not major major side effects. I think she is on carboplatin & gemzar but who knows for sure since one of her medical reports shows her having stage III and breast cancer!!! strange reports...I told the oncologist that on our last visit and he was like a bit surprised. He did verify that it was stage IV NSLC.

Okay, I think that brings me up to date with all of you and I will stick around and give you as much info as I can gather. I wish all the caregivers the best and hang in there. And for the survivors---you are the miracle!

Best wishes and thank you for listening and reading :)

Dear Spiritual,

Welcome, glad you found us. This site is truly a life line. I can only talk as a caregiver, but I have gotten more support and information from here. This is where I come with questions. This is where I come when I am upset. This is where I come to see how my cyber friends are doing and to wish them well, offer congratulations of good news and support if news is not as good.

Keep us posted. Yes, get the info on your partner so we can better understand and help.

Dear Spiritual,

Welcome! We are a family here and support and love each other. Yes, you can vent all you want... We all do!! Also allow us to help you through the tough times and the times that make the sun come out and that beautiful rainbow appear. There is hope and miracles all around us. Glad you found us!!

God Bless You and your partner,

Jane

Spiritual,

Glad you decided to post and join us. Looking forward to hearing more of the details of diagnosis and treatment. This Board can be of great comfort because you'll almost always find someone who has been there, done that and is willing to share his/her experience.

Welcome,

Margaret