CathyR checking in

cathyr

Hi everyone,

I've been out of pocket for about a month. My daughter came to visit me from Boston a month ago and is staying another 2 weeks. She lost her daddy ( my darling Richard) to this same disease four years ago and now faces the inevitability of me suffering the same results some time in the future as I am now at stage 4.

It has been wonderful being with her and I am trying to pamper, spoil, and spend quality time with her while I can.

I have been enduring chemo since Jan. 11, 2004 and have 1 more treatment to go on July 12th. Then, it will be another CT scan and we will see what the status is. I sure would like to take a break from the chemo. Although there has been no shrinkage since the chemo started, the last scan was stable and there were no new spots.

I am planning a trip to Europe to go antiquing the first week in Oct. It's something I've always wanted to do and while I can I am going to do it.

My prayers go out to Cheryl, who I absolutely adore and of course, to Fay A, always an inspiration to me. I love you both. I always carry this web site and it's members close to my heart. I am still reeling from the deaths of Mo Sugar, Nancy ( a friend of mine in my support group in L.A.), and the imminent death of a neighbor of mine only 51 years old named Greg, of lung cancer.

I hate this disease and everything it means. I pray for us all every day. I try to remain as strong as I can and not give in to IT.

I love you guys,

CathyR

Glad to hear that you are getting to spend some quality time with your daughter. May it be years before you have to suffer the same way your husband did. Treatments are better each day. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

Nina

Cathy,

Good things come in three's.

1. A good long visit from your daughter - the best

2. The END of chemo - that's terrific

3. A trip to Europe. Don't tell me if you are going to Paris, I will be envious beyond belief - it is my favorite city.

I love when things are good for my friends. Enjoy.

Cathy, you made my day! It was so good to see your smiling face again. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your daughter, and that you are planning a trip to Europe this fall. Lucie and I, and our daughter, just took a trip to Scotland in May, and we all had a great time. It was so good for Lucie to know she could do that. Congratulationsd on your three years of survivorship! That imspires us all. Keep in touch. Don

Cathy,

I am trying to pamper, spoil, and spend quality time with her while I can.

That's great! It's good you got to spend some good quality time with your daughter, and the trip to Europe sounds wonderful.

I'm curious that you said you are now stage iv - your profile doesn't reflect spread. Is this something new?

You have really had a hard time with so many deaths of loved ones to cancer - I am so sorry. You just remember what you said: "I try to remain as strong as I can and not give in to IT."

NEVER GIVE UP!!

Love,

Peggy