Update on my Husband

renee_ky

After spending a few hours in the ER last night, after a cough that hurt Scott's back. A cough!! We learned that the cancer has now spread to his ribs. The cough caused 2 ribs to break, because they were so weak. We also learned that the tumor in his lung has increased significantly in size. Overnight, he has gon from doing great to, "we don't think he will make it much longer". As long as we can keep his pain under contol at home, until his Dr appt on Tuesday, he will not need to be hospitalized. On Tuesday, he will be re-checked from head to toe.

Please pray!!!

Thanks,

Renee

[[[[[[[Renee]]]]]]]]]

So many prayers and Best Wishes for God's Will in all of this. It is so very hard to walk this walk but with faith and hope, you can do this~ Your husband needs you so much right now. I know, because my husband is in similar situation.

Please feel free to write to me privately if you wish. I am here for you.

Big Hugs -

Beth

Renee:

Prayers headed to you and Scott. Hope his pain is being kept under control -- broken ribs are no fun. Hope you hear encouraging news from the doctors. I just hate this disease -- it controls what it wants to do and when. May God give you both strength to endure each battle and especially ease the pain. I live across the river from you, but work in LVL so just letting you know this Hoosier is praying hard for you guys. God Bless!

Berisa- Scott chose to stop chemo because it was making im very ill. Once the chemo woudl start to taper off, he felt great, but of course by then, it was time to start again. The oncologist agreed with Scott's decision at the time, because he felt better, and quality was the goal.

The Oncologist confirmed that the cancer is in his ribs, and the tumor in his lung has increased. The Doctor has ordered CT scans of his chest, abdomen and pelvis, as well as a full body bone scan. The tests are scheduled for July 12th & 13th. The doctor preferred to discuss this more in detail after he has all of the results. Because this is a systemic cancer, it has most likely spread to other organs and/or bones, which rules out the option of radiation. Most likely, it will be chemo therapy or nothing.

My prayers and love are sent to you and your husband, I lost my Mother to sclc on May 1st, 2004 just 5.5 months after she was diagnosed, my Mom's cancer spread to her ribs as well as it was very painful for her to endure that pain on a daily basis, I called in Hospice and they were wonderful getting her pain under control immediately, and although I did not have my Mom around for too much longer after that, I knew she was no longer in any pain from the horrible bone cancer that she had developed, I would encourage you to contact your nearest Hospice care, they are truly a miracle and I felt alot better having them help me with my Mother's care, because if I could do nothing else for my Mom, I felt I gave her a valuable gift, and that was my love and calling hospice to ensure she was not in pain and today I live each day knowing I did something to really help her, she was no longer in pain.

Renee, I sure hope and pray that your husband takes a turn for the good. I see you are down in Louisville, I am in Ft Wright which is outside of Covington. How are you holding up. It is so hard on the caregiver also with the stress levels. I will pray for you tonight too.

Thank you all very much! As Beth suggested,it will not be long before I call hospice, I discussed this with our families, and everyone agrees, when the time is right, hospice needs to be involed. I know there is so much they can do for him. Scott went for CT scans yesterday, and for a full bosy bone scan today. The bone scan was rough for him because he had to lay flat on his back for so long. We have a WONDERFUL surprise b-day party for him Saturday, we estimated approximately 200 people were there. It was hectic, but fuin, and more than worth it. Today I fixed dinner for him and just his family, it was very nice. Today is his birthday, he turned 45.

The results from the CT scans and bone scan will be given to us Thursday, and course of action will be determined as well. I am preparing fot the worst, but hoping for the best, naturally.

Again, thank you so much for all of the prayers and wonderful thoughts. As you know, it makes a difference just knowing that support is there anytime you need/want it. So again, thank you!!

Renee