Iressa and Headaches?

JoyceH

I've been having really bad headaches for about a week or two. I started on Iressa on June 10th. I had a ct done of my brain, and it was clear. Has anyone else had headaches while on Iressa? What else could be causing them? (also fatigue, but that could be from the radiation I'm getting right now).

Joyce,

How much water are you drinking? Are you suffering with the explosive diarrhea? If you are "going" a lot and not compensating in water intake, that could account for headaches (dehydration on the ol' ganglia - brain suspension)...

I can't remember if I had headaches with Iressa (I can't remember what color socks I have on, either, though, and I got dressed today - Iressa was last year)...I had pressure behind my right eye with Iressa...and vision changes which then caused...YES, I DID have headaches with Iressa - behind the eyeball headaches...

Make sure your doctors (plural there, GP and oncologist) know what is going on, it could be a sign of something else, too... Or it could just be headaches. Do they respond to aspirin or ibuprofen or motrin?

Good luck, may the Iressa be your silver bullet,

Becky

Thanks for the response. Two people now have told me that they got headaches from Iressa, though it's not on thier list of side effects. It's a pressure behind the eyes with me, too, more on the left side.

And yes, I'm suffering from the "explosive diarrhea"! Maybe I'm not drinking enough water, that's a thought. I've been taking ibuprofen for the headaches, it does help a little. I have to take 4, though. I might try aspirin, though it gave my mom an ulcer.

Thanks for the response- one of the many reasons why I love this board, someone usually answers me!

You might consider Celebrex along with the Iressa, others are taking it. Also, if you are having diarhea you probably are dehydrated. Rich posted an 800 # to call on Iressa side effects etc..

Hang in there Joyce, hope the Iressa does its thing for you.

Rochelle

Joyce,

My father started experiencing headaches when he first got up in the morning a short time after starting on Iressa. They went away after he had been up for a while. He was on Celebrex for his arthritis at the time and took it in the a.m. Not sure if the Celebrex had anything to do w/ his headaches going away or not.