One week today Mom passed away

TamD

Well I have been meaning to do this, but I just couldn't seem to sit down and do it. So with it being one week (already) I thought I should do this. My wonderful, best friend and mother passed away on June 29 at 3:40am, at the young age of 55. I am not going to go into her full story, because I don't feel I can at this point. I will say that she faught this dreadful disease for 8 months. At the end there was not any suffering, really. She went into the hospital on Sunday evening and left us on Tues. I am happy to say that I was able to be with her the entire time in the hospital. I could not leave her side, even though everyone else said to go get some fresh air.... I needed to stay with her. We had such a wonderful relationship. She knew me more than anyone, even my husband. Writing this does not seem real. I can't believe she is gone. I am either in shock still or am just not accepting it. I feel so terrible for my dad. He is all alone now and that thought just kills me. Because I have 4 kids and work full time, I am unable to go see him a lot. When I talk to him on the phone it is difficult because he would always ask after we talked for a few minutes, "Do you want to talk to your mother?" It is like I keep waiting for him to say that. When I go to their house my heart breaks. Everything there is her. The only thing that is getting my through this is knowing where she is and that she no longer has this disease. I look forward to the day that I will see her again.

This website has been very helpful for me. I found lots of comfort in it. And I just want to thank all of you that pour out your hearts and offer encouragment. Thanks, Tammy

Tami,

I am so sorry. Words cannot convey what I feel for you and your family.

I am glad you were able to be with her til the end and she was not alone.

My heart goes out to you all.

Many prayers being said for peace and comfort at this time.

Shirleyb

Tammy:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear mom. May God give you and your family strength and comfort to make it through this difficult time. I understand your feeling of "numbness" and not seeming real. Even though we know they are free of pain and in a better place, it's difficult for those of us left behind. I'm sure your Mom was so much more at peace having you with her during her final hours. God Bless!

Daer Tami,

I am so sorry for your loss. Knowing he passed away painlessly and peacefully is what gave me the comfort that I needed when I lost my Brother. Thank the Lord your Mom did too. Yes, You will see her again in Heaven and I know that helps but I know it doesnt take away the sadness of not having her here on Earth with you anymore. You, Your Dad and your family are all in my prayers.

God Bless You All,

Jane