It's back................

Remembering Dave

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, damn, damn, damn and double damn.

David, Karen and beautiful Faith,

I just feel sick. This is not supposed to happen. The only good news here is that you have a great onc. with a proven treatment plan. It is a case of been there before - done it. And David, if anybody can kick this beast in the behind it is you.

I will pray, pray, pray, pray and double pray for an easy and successful course of treatment.

Love,

first of all, I am very cheered by all the creative cursing posted to this thread. What a bunch of creative thinkers we got here! all of your thinly veiled cursing amused me greatly which cheered me greatly, which I needed very badly after I practically had a nervous breakdown this afternoon. I think I am past it now.

secondly, a big sincere thanks for all the words of support. I know Dave will beat this. I HOPE it never comes back again, but if it does he'll beat it back again. and leave it to Dave to get a mets in a most creative place. so creative it threw off just about every doctor off until the proof was in the pudding.

thirdly, yes, I am very grateful to "our" oncologist. frankly I love the man. I almost can't believe how receptive everyone in that office, including and especially the doc himself, was to getting us in and a plan started all within hours. It's mind boggling as a matter of fact. When I hear about folks having to wait weeks to see their oncologist (including my mother, but I got around that by getting her in to see our dear Dr. Schwarz) I am just incredulous. How could anyone wait to start their cancer treatment?

OK, 'nuff rambling AGAIN. What would I do without this website? I think I truly would have nervous breakdown #2.

Thanks and God Bless to all,

Karen C.

I'm sorry, Karen. I needed some time to absorb the news. I am just furious that it jas recurred. I know that David is going to beat it back, and that you are going to help him do so. But what a bloody, blasted piece of work the darn cancer is. I just HATE IT!

(((Clan C))))

Daer David and Karen,

I am so very sorry that you have to begin again. My heart aches for you both. You have the right attitude though and darn it!! beat the beast this time and show him who's boss!!!! My prayers are with you both.

God Bless,

Jane

This is certainly not an easy road to travel........especially after fighting so darned hard to get where you are. You two have too much fire inside to let this news knock you down for long. There are great things being said about CPT-11.....and you deserve the very best David.

Dearest Karen and Dave,

I am so sad to read the news you posted. I know you can beat this with the team of doctors in your court. Praying real hard for this to be over and your back to NED...

God Bless, prayers and gentle hugs for you and your family,

Karen

David and Karen,

S**t and double da**....I can't believe it. I was so hoping it was a simple case of bonkitis. Something should have told us it was more than that....David doesn't complain about nothing....but I thought it was probably a sinus infection. I don' t know what to say except I will be praying for you both and thinking about you constantly. I know how much you must dread starting over with this beast, but like everyone said, it hasn't been there long so maybe the treatment will get to it quickly. I am so glad your onco doc saw you so quickly. He sounds so nice and agressive...that is what you want now...an agressive approach. And Karen, I am glad you got your mother in to see him as well...that waiting for weeks is for the birds.

Nina

The only good news here is that knowing what you are dealing with . Glad you have a wise doctor that went all the way investigating your problem for now you will get the best treatment for that "infection" and prayfully you will be on your way to recovery again. Donna G

Dave, Karen, I certainly pray hard for david. I hope he will get well very soon with the best and the most suitable treatments followed. Yes, you have a very good, responsive oncologist. He is one of the keys to cure. David, I am so confident that you will overcome and beat that beast as before. Hang in there and be positive.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! The ball is rolling right along. I go tomorrow to have lab work done for getting my port a cath re-installed which is scheduled for Monday morning. I will start my chemo regime next Friday. I don't know for sure but I am thinking I will have 2 rounds of chemo before Karen Faith and I go to Glacier National Park in Montana for a family reunion. My family lived in Missoula MT while my dad was getting his Masters Degree at U of MT and my sister, Becky CW, worked at Glacier for several years before she moved to LA. We have been planning this trip for a year and already have our tickets and reservations. You know last year prior to my initial diagnosis we had tickets to go visit my folks and Aunts and Uncles in Texas. We ended up not going and lost our money we had paid for the tickets. I think it is the D*MN plane tickets that is causing this crap. I told Karen a few months ago I AM going to Glacier Park, I didn't care if she had to push me on the plane in a wheel chair. Looks like I will be in the throes of chemo hell but go I will. And D*mn it all, I will have fun!!!!!! I can't wait for a whole week of no more Kerry/Edwards/Bush/Cheney finger pointing and just enjoying my family and the beautiful Rocky Mountains of northern Montana enjoying the childhood memories I have and sharing the experience with Karen and Faith. I am a bachelor tonight. Karen and Faith abandoned me...just kidding she and Faith went over and had dinner with her parents tonight so it is just me and the dogs. I am so glad her parents live close by and that she can visit them. I am so lucky to have a women like Karen in my life. She has been through a lot and I am more sorry that she has to go through this than I am that I do. She does not diserve this. She is so strong. Please keep her in your prayers. The dogs are whinig to go out so I better sign off here. Thanks again for all you thoughts, creative cursing and above all all of your prayers.

David C

Dear David (and Karen and Faith),

So sorry to hear your news when things were going so well. But don't blame the airline tickets -- it's more likely an Al Queda plot to keep you from travelling, thus further wrecking the economy. So don't let them do it!

Am so glad you have the Three S's in your corner: Spirit, Schwartz and Shostakovich. Sounds unbeatable. Those, and the chemo, should beat the crap out of that craven, contemptible cancer.

Will be thinking of you!

Ellen