Life After Death

Amy P

When my mother-in-law was dying, we had to tell our kiddos (ages 5 & 4) because I did not want to them to be suprised and I also wanted them to have a chance to say good bye - we told them that when Nonna died that she wouldn't be in pain anymore and that she would look like she did before she got sick - my very insightful oldest child said she would be peaceful, like when she sleeps. Later that night when I called to talk to Nonna and I told her the girls knew and what Audrey said - her response was that is all I want - peace.

Larry, Don't tell me "they are coming to take me away..ha ha he he to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time ..." I bet you know that song.....

To be frank, Larry, you have given me an added respect for conservatives. I respect everyone. but now just a little more. I have had the tendancy to think that conservatives were basically close minded. Are you sure you don't have some liberal/Democrat tendancies????? LOL.

Yes I do love you..... And I am going to look for some more jokes for you as this presidential race heats up...

elaine

Hmm....Larry, I cannot remember my year 12 Human Biology that well, but I think it is something to do with this......I think it's more that modern day apes and humans have a common ancestor. That we splintered off on the lineage somewhere and homosapiens evolved slowly over a long period of time to become what we are today. Apes stayed as they were. I'd really need to read up on this again to be certain though. Maybe someone else could shed some more light on this. You have prompted me to read up on this again though, so thank you for that

:D:D

Jana

xxxx

Jana i do not doubt evolution and i can not tell you where human's or homo sapien's arrived from,but i know of all the creatures that have been known to exist on this earth only Human's have pocessed the knowledge between choosing right from wrong on moral ground's.And every tribe and race of Human's from the very beginning have had a belief in a higher power,including some very similar tale's for example of a great flood.

Since you are in Aussie land can you tell me where the Aborigines came from.I was told one time by a bush priest that once a Aborigine marries say a white person that there off spring will no longer carry a gene to continue the Aborigine race.And i understand that the Aborigine's have a very envolved religion just as our American indian's did..........

Larry

Jana ...... Yes Rick asked contributor's a couple of day's ago if it was ok if he deleted all posting's up to where they started on this subject of life after death.Well i had made the first remark's on the subject but he apparently in order to erase the previous posting's had to delete all, here we are again.

Just like advertiser's and politician's learned along time ago that controversy created the most interest so had these thread's and now there lost forever along with the spirit of the thread.Maybe at some point someone will spark a new debate and the fire of controversial discussion's will arise once again.

Larry

Aha!! That explains it. I do not understand why it would have offended anyone in the slightest.................oh well........

I certainly am not an authority on the questions you raised, Larry. From my understanding the inheritance of the Aboriginal race is the same as for any race. So, if your parents are half European and half Aboriginal you would be born half of each. The colloquial term for that is "half-cast", meaning you are not full Aboriginal Cast nor full European Cast,

You also asked about the religion..... I do not know alot about it, although my husband is about one/eighth Aboriginal. I would suggest you look up Aboriginal Dreamtime on the Internet. There certainly is alot to their spiritual beliefs and I would not like to suggest I knew more about it than I do.

My love to you all

Jana

xxxx

My understanding is, we are spirit, we have a soul made up of mind will and emotions, and we live in a temporal body. Our spirits are eternel. If there is a design within this universe and things operate on pretty solid laws of physics then I would conclude that there most be a designer. If not , it would be like someone taking all the materials needed to build a house, throw them off a cliff and by time it reached the ground, would have assembled itself with every detail entact to make it a house.

Thought I'd jump in the debate.

Bruce

I agree. It's all too amazing to be happenstance. Look around. If all that surrounds us were an accident or a coincidence, there is no other accident or coincidence that comes close to being this well-tuned.

I like the way you put it.

elaine