Double visioin

EileenM

Just finished my first ever chat in the chat room with Katie. :D I decided to hang in there in case someone logged on. I'm always missing the scheduled chats.

I haven't been posting much. We sold our house and now it's time to clean out all the stuff we've collected over 35 years. Came across receipts from Shell gasoline when gas was only 35 cents a gallon. Found the paid up mortgage for our very first house - $37,000 - couldn't get an outhouse for that amount now in N.J. :lol:

Went on vacation to the Shore for a few days last week to celebrate our 35th anniversary and on our way I developed Double Vision. Of course, I figured it would go away (I wasn't driving -I had fallen asleep and when I woke up there were 2 lanes of traffic coming at us and I now had 2 husbands :o:lol: ) so didn't say anything to my hubby(didn't know which one I should talk to :lol::lol: ) until we were almost there. It lasted about 90 minutes. When I got out of the car, the double vision went away although I felt unsteady and very tired.

Long story short - wound up at the Emergency room (per my Cardiologist's suggestion). After having an EKG, Blood Tests done and waiting 4 hours (they couldn't do a Catscan w/contrast because they couldn't get a good Renal Function test result) I checked myself out of the hospital. Saw the Cardiologist at home - had a Carotid Doppler (normal). Sent me to a Neurologist(I checked out normal) and now I will have an MRI of the brain with and without Contrast done on July 12th.

So now I am thinking and worrying that maybe the BAC has spread. My last chest Catscan in April was clean. Though I tell myself that if it did I would probably have more symptoms than just double vision. Has anyone experienced double visioin? I am not on Chemo or Radiation - just have the Catscans and blood tests done. I also had 4 blood tests done today (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, and Thyroid).

I did enjoy the next 2 days at the Shore and decided to worry after I got home. Funniest thing I saw at the shore was the Seagulls dive bombing unsuspecting people to get at their french fries.

EileenM

Pot calling kettle black, but don't worry just yet, a little double vision could be anything, even stress or allergies or fatigue. it is great that you were recently checked out. I will be sending prayers for the 12th! Let us know how it goes!

Eileen,

I love the Jersey shore, hate the seagulls.

Double vision could be so many things but you are so right in getting it thoroughly checked out.

Once this disease enters your life with its so many manifestations, it is vital to check everything. The old 'better safe than sorry' really applies.

I am sending good vibes that it was a case of mid life crisis and the desire to have 2 husbands, although why I would never know.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I've experienced double vision more than once. It's rather nerve wracking especially as it comes on suddenly. Many tests were done and came back negative. Guess was some sort of atypical migraine.

I love the seagulls but not the tourists. Some months ago, after a walk down the shore, I watched as an older couple settled themselves to sunbathe. A group of gulls came around them, pecking at the sand. This man got up & started throwing pebbles at them and screaming at the top of his lungs to get off "his" beach.

Wee little me went up to this huge man and very calmly to told him to stop. He turned to me in shock. His eyes were bugging out. After all, he was only defending his beach.

Please someone else see the irony in this

I would guess it is not spreading.

BTW, there are a few clinical trials with using Iressa or Tarceva/Herceptin for BAC. I think the trials are being done also as a preventative type thing. I think the trials are called SPORE

Also since you had a resection there might be trials for GVAX.

I am not saying something is coming back, I am just saying that maybe trying to prevent a recurrence may be something to research (as far as trials).

I think it is best to be proactive.

Praying the double vision is nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - the Carotid Doppler was okay. And the blood tests came back normal. Had the MRI on the 15th. The neurologist said he would call with the results, but I asked him not to call. Don't want to get bad news over the phone and I would rather wait until my appointment to hear the results. Wasn't sure when I'd get the MRI appt. so made the doc appt. on the 28th.

Went for a visit to Ohio over the weekend. Told myself I wasn't going to think about what the MRI results could be. Just had a good time being with the in-law family. My 2 kids and 3 granddaughters(ages 6, 2 and 8 months) also went with us. Followed each other across Pennsylvania. Those grandkids are something else - someone is always doing or saying something that is cute (even if they get themselves in to trouble).

And when we left we thought we had our house sold, but learned after we got home that the buyers backed out(after stringing us along for 2 months). So now it is back on the market. Will just worry and hope that this time we get a buyer who comes through. So I'll concentrate on the house and next week I'll start to worry about the results of the MRI. :)

Thank you all again for your kind words.

EileenM

Eileen

Sounds like good times and I am keeping my hopes and prayers for the best of results.

It seems like a long wait to me, so I will wish you a tranquil wait.

Let us know.

Cat, I am laughing at your irony. Well more like a big ol grin.

elaine

Whoa - two lanes of traffic coming at you and two husbands - that could add a bit of excitement to your life. Seriously tho', sorry about the double vision and hope it just turns out to be some freakish incident. You're a brave soul to undertake selling a house at these times. That can be stressful even when your health is fine. Hope the next buyer doesn't flake on you.

Eileen,

Hoping the double vision turns out to be nothing but stress, manifesting itself in it's usual strange way...

I have to mention that I KNEW you were from New Jersey before I even read your name. The beginning of your e-mail gave it away with your trip to the "shore"......us Jersian's don't go to the "beach".....we "shore" it, don't we! :lol:

Hi - Had my doctor's appt. today and the results of the MRI are normal. I'm relieved to learn my brains are really in my head and not in my butt :lol: )

So with the MRI being normal, the previous blood tests being normal, the dr. ordered 2 more blood tests which he feels will also be normal because I have not had another episode of double vision and do not feel sick. My reflexes are fine. One is for Myasthenia Gravis and the other is LEMS. Regardless of the results I will have a future appt in October with him.

Also feels that a spike in my blood pressure may have caused it. Could be - selling a house is stressful(as SJAS stated) especially when the potential buyers kept giving us the run-around. We're back on the market - I think I will have it written in the contract that from now on the buyers have to take a lie detector test :D:lol:

Thanks for all your prayers, good wishes and good vibes. They all worked :D

Hebbie - forgot how we Joisey folk use the word Shore instead of Beach. We're planning a day trip to the Shore hopefully in August if the weather straightens out.

EileenM