There Is No Pain Any Longer

IIIp0

Dear Family -

My husband passed away quietly, peacefully after a long hard struggle; first with his cancer of course, but in the end, with much fluid in the lungs, and his poor heart just couldn't keep up, and his lungs were tooo weak to get rid of. He died yesterday at 11:15 a.m.

And while my heart aches in ways I've never known or realize just yet, I can tell you that these last seven months together were God's Gift to each of us -- to make our amends; to love each other unconditionally; and to "be" the story-book, the fairy-tale lovers and friends that we always imagined a marriage would be. I am so very grateful to have had this honor of being there without any thought of my own, other than to love and to help him through this....

As much as I prayed for our daughter to make it back from Australia before he passed, I know there are no coincidences; that she wasn't supposed to 'see' him in his final hours -- so that she could remember her dad as she always had, and not brought out on a gurney..... I've called Australia to let the group know so they will comfort her and she will carry on. The funeral will be held upon her return -- and it is going to be such a wonderful great tribute to a man that was so very loved, by so many. I can only wish for such rememberances.....

I will be back, but not for some time now as I try to take care of business and prepare for our daughter's return, and the greatest celebration and honor of all time -- my husband's memory.

Thank you all for your support, your wisdom, experience, strength and hope for all of us on this rocky road. As I pray for my hubby, I will pray for each of you as well, and all of our recoveries.

Big Hugs -

Beth

Husband of 23 years passed July 7 at 11:15 a.m., while the Angels waited nearby....

Beth,

We have already talked, but I once again want to send you and your family my most sincere sympathy. I am so sorry for this great loss. I know you were married to Bob for a very long time. Losing a spouse has got to be one of the hardest things in the world to deal with and you have written to us with such grace and honor for your husband. You are quite a remarkable woman. I hope you all enjoy the celebration of your dear Bob's life.

Love,

Peggy

Beth,

I'm sorry for your loss. May friends and family surround and support you and may you find comfort in their love.

Faylene

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Beth, I am so sorry. This will be a very hard time for you. Give in and cry when you need to. Come here and visit and talk.

You said it best - no more pain for him. Thank the Almighty.

Cat