Sore Neck

luvmydog2

Has anyone experience a sore neck. When I eat and swallow my neck area is in knots. It is hard to explain but if I talk or eat etc. it feels like my throat and neck is in knots. Could it be a muscle strain or what. It is in back of neck as well as throat area. Feels sorta like I have been shouting for ages. Any ideas? No sore throat or anything.

Bruce

Sorry, I have no idea on this one. I just wanted you know that I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.

By the way......did I read somewhere that you are close to Dollywood? Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area? My family goes to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg EVERY year. We usually go the first week in December. We LOVE to see all of the beautiful lights. We always give the girls a choice of going to Pigeon Forge or going somewhere new..........they ALWAYS choose Pigeon Forge! Go-karts, beautiful lights, Smokey Mountain Jubilee Show, and yes............Dollywood, which is lovely at Christmas. If you are that close, maybe the next time we head that way we could meet up and our families could have dinner together. (The Peddler, Damon's.........are you familiar with those??) I'm ready to go right now just thinking about it.

Hope you feel better soon!

Angie

Bruce,

The very first vertebrae at the top of the neck can be felt from inside the neck (towards the back) and towards the top of the throat if it is irritated. It doesn't necessarily have to be painful, but it can make my neck in the back, and along the jaw, then down the front of the neck towards the collar bones feel "tired", almost weak, and sometimes tense, as if they've been overused. I have dengenerative disc disease that goes all the way to the top. Only reason I know this.

Hope you get some relief soon, and you should have it checked out by your docs, no matter what.

Angie,

If you get to meet up with Bruce and Company on your way to Gatlinburg give the little town of Maryville at the foothills a nod for me. And if you get the chance, check out Cade's Cove....where half of my family settled before Tennessee was Tennessee and North Carolina was known as the Franklin Territory.

Bruce,

Fay is most likely right but like she said, call your doctor..get it checked out. I know you had a cough recently that he attributed to allergy..maybe this is too. You just need to drive your butt in to see him. Call him on Monday, pretend your going to Dollywood and get in the car and drive to his office.

Just leave the Dolly Parton wig at home......

Bruce, you mention in your signature a hiatel hernia, could possibly be that? Personally I would not waste any time seeing your Dr. I have head and neck cancer and those signs would be very worrisome to me, Not trying to scare you but being safe with this disease is better that finding out to late, treatment for head and neck cancer is no picnic. I only mention this because I've been through it and you already have been dx with cancer. Praying it has something to do with hiatel and nothing more.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I called my Onc today and he refered me to ER cause they had equipment to run scans etc.

Turns out my shortness of breath is being caused by Broncitis (sp). He gave me inhaler and anti - biotic to take. Said it should clear in a few days. Said my remaining lung looked good. Did not know that this could cause tightness in throat and neck. Guess I learned something.