I feel violated.....

Nushka

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Nina, I'm so sorry to hear this. Attacks like this cause great stress in people and gosh knows you don't need any more. I would feel violated too. This person(s) has stolen your feeling of safety in your own home. It is one of the worst experiences that people can have.

Be kind to yourself if you start feeling more frazzled and jumpy. Hopefully, these feelings will fade.

Cat

Nina

I know it's hard to remember, but you are actually quite lucky that it was just money they were after. But, what is really so awful is that they took more than money, they took your sense of security and the belief in the safety of your own home. I hope that feeling fades with time. A security system is in order--be it bow wow or other.

So sorry this had to happen. It's a strange old world sometimes.

Love you lots

elaine

Boy that makes me angry. That happened to my elderly grandparents - they got the tv and some money. But it never happened again. I have felt safer with my alarm system - though I have to say, I have paniced unnecessarily when it went off for stupid reasons - wind blowing too hard, door slightly ajar. In fact, the darn thing went off so many times the police sent a certified letter demanding I figure out a solution to the repeated calls to their department. They delivered the letter when I hadn't shoveled my front steps and their were full of ice and a danger to anyone trying to climb them so I received a lecture about safety and ice, then asked if I had homeowner's insurance. Yes, that policewoman was mad at us! Then they wanted to charge me for coming on a call (who could blame them?) But now we have it under control, and it is one less thing to cause me anxiety.

Rambling, I guess....

Jane

I don't blame you, I'd feel awfully violated if that happened to us. Your home is literally your sanctuary, how dare someone do that.

We have two big barking choc. labs and there's no better security system in the whole world. I will never ever again live without dogs. they can be a pain to take care of and tie you down a bit, but they're great companions and the best security ever. these two usually can hear anything that doesn't sound right outside the house, sometimes down to a footstep. it just depends on how loud they are snoring . . .

best,

Karen