Update on Lucie

Don Wood

I think of my husband when I read your posts. Every illness he had a "moment", and after 10 years of cancers I am able to read them easier, and not take it so personally. I have also learned to turn to others for support as well as Bob. He just wants me well, and I know that.

That said, if my dog had done what yours did, I would have popped too . .

Don,

I'm so sorry things are not going well for you or Lucie lately. I understand your frustration in "spouting off" in front of her.

I said some things to my husband a few days ago that I didn't feel good about, and I think it was because I hadn't been expressing my true feelings about my parents' cancers. I tend to let fear and sadness build up and then when some little thing happens that I don't like, I blow up. Afterwards, I feel rotten. On the other hand, when I make a point to feel and vent the sadness and fear as they arise, I feel much better.

Hope you're having a better day today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucie.

Don,

Countless times you try to make us on here, (including me many times), understand that the emotions we are experiancing are completely normal. Yours are too. Its hell and we happen to be living in it. You cant hold up all the time. Sometimes the damn overflows and then you start over.

even superman had limits. :lol:

Don,

Time after time, I read posts from you to others that are so full of positive messages and caring support. You not only care and give support to Lucie, but also to all of us here. To imagine that you can go through each day, carrying the fears, stress and burden of all these problems with an even emotional outlook, and positive attitude is inhuman. There will be down days. There are days were anger erupts. It comes out at little things that just put you over the edge. It would probably be that way whether Lucie had LC or not. Life always has its ups and downs. You need to vent them.

I think you do such a wonderful job of letting Lucie know that you love her, and that to care for her is not something that you think begrudgingly about. She should not feel guilty, ever. She did not do this, she did nothing to get cancer, and therefore is faultless. Your emotions are natural, and not a reflection of her.

I hate hearing about you being down, because you are such a bright beacon of hope for many of us here. I am sending you a prayer and a big hug, and hope things are brighter tomorrow.

((((((((DON & LUCIE)))))))))))))

Carleen

(((((((((((DON))))))))))) ((((((((DON & LUCIE)))))))

I can't say ANYTHING that everyone hasn't already said. Your entitled to lose it once an a while to my friend, your entitled!! This too Shall Pass!! We're here for you too!!

My PRAYERS are with both YOU AND LUCIE!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Thanks, everyone of you. Your words help a great deal to us both. Today IS a better day. Lucie started her radiation today to zap that sucker, and I went for a checkup to my urologist. I think the switch will be turned in about 16 days and I am looking forward to that. Will certainly help my disposition. And before either of us made our appointments today, we went out to lunch together and visited. I love her so much, it hurts to see her struggle so. We are both looking forward to better days. Thanks again for your tremendous support of us. It really does help us get through each day. Blessings! Don

Dear Don,

I cant say I know exactly how you feel, but I know that we all have good days and not so good.. I think being the caregiver and spouse has to be tremendously hurtful..I see it in my mom everyday. Some days I just cant take the heart ache any more, then I think about how I have a healthy husband and someone to come home to and talk about it with, so I can only imagine when the love of your life is so ill..I'm glad that you have somewhere to vent, just remember to take people up on their offers to help, and take some time for yourself, you know Lucie would not mind at all....I am also happy to see your day was better today.....