Missing Alan... His one month anniversary of his passing

Fall54

Yes, It's late and by all rights I should be in bed. But here I sick going over the wonderful and fun times my Brother Alan and I had. Today marks a month sice he left us.

I am so sad tonight. For the most part I am doing well but I do have my days when it still all seems so unreal.

God Promised me that Alan would go to Heaven and I KNOW that is where he is. The trouble with that, is he isnt here with us.

I smile his smile, his laugh, his conpanionship and trust. i miss his Love .

I know that sounds kind of selfish, but I cant help but feel I wanted more time with him.

Thanks all for listening.. I dont know what I would do without all of you. I love you all.

God Bless you all,

Jane

Dear Jane,

I can relate to all you have said. It is not selfish to want him to spend more time with you; after all, he wanted that time here, too. As the months move on, I can feel Becky's presence more and more, and it is not as painful as it was in the very beginning. Either she is getting better and haunting me, or I am healing a little bit, or both. Here's hoping for the same for you.

Curtis

Curtis is right, its not selfish at all to wish you could have more time with someone you love. If it was selfish we would all be extremely selfish people. I think you will find that as time goes by you will have more and more good minutes. Notice I say minutes because that seems to be what I measure my time by. I still have more really bad times than not, but I do have times now that I stop what I am doing and realize that I actually functioned for a while without thinking about how sad I am. I know that now when I think about my Dad who I lost over 30 years ago or my Mom who I lost 10 years ago, I tend to smile about memories more often than I cry. I hope you feel better soon.