TBone Update 7/12/04

TeeTaa

TBone asked that I post this, cause he wasn't planning to get on the site in the very near future. So here goes . . .

Even after going to the ER Friday night and using the Duragesic patch over the weekend, he still had considerable pain. Went to his oncologist this morning, as he was scheduled to have his 7th round of Taxotere, but had already decided not to go ahead with it until his pain was under control. Doctor prescribed another (lower) dosage of Duragesic patch so he's supposed to wear two at a time in hopes of controlling the pain. Fortunately, the oncologist's nurse was able to beg and plead the pain management doctor into moving his appointment to tomorrow (Tuesday, 7/13) morning.

The doctor also recommended that hospice be called in, and that has been done. When I talked to TBone's wife a couple of hours ago, hospice was on their way. TBone fears that everyone will assume that he's given up, but he's not. He simply wants some relief for both him and his family, and as long as the pain is as it has been, he's not able to put up much of a fight. I know there are lots of people for whom hospice is called in yet they recover enough that they are "released" from hospice care. Please pray that TBone is able to obtain the much-needed pain relief and that he, his wife, and his children find some peace during this most difficult time.

Thank you all for being such wonderful friends over the last several months. You've given TBone and others of us in the family immeasurable support. Please forgive me for asking, but we just need a little more of that support right now.

We'll keep you posted.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Ask, so that you may receive...but everyone is in my continual prayers. Each of us has to do what is right at that time and I know that getting this pain under control is absolutely essential for the overall battle. Prayers for comfort and relief are being offered.

Blessings,

Margaret

I'm so sorry that he is in such pain. That was hard for us to get under control but once we did it was great. Robert didn't get enough relief from the patch either. He finally went on oxycontin 80 mg every 8 hours plus he takes dilaudid every two hours/as needed for short term. If you haven't tried oxy - give it a try, it has made all the difference in the world.

Bless your hearts.

TeeTea,

Please let Terry know he is always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping hospice can come up with something to relieve his pain. Being free from pain is an absolute when dealing with this, whether to have the energy to continue the battle or for having the ability to enjoy each moment of whatever time we have left in this world.

Dean

Please keep us posted. Terry has become such an important part of this family.

I am heartsick to hear this latest news. It would seem impossible to have any energy at all let alone enough to fight this horrendous disease when you are in excrutiating pain.

Please let Terry and his family know that I am praying hard for comfort and for the old fight to return quickly.

T-Bone, I'm so glad they have moved your pain management appointment up to tomorrow. I just know that they and Hospice together can get you comfortable again, and give you the strength to keep up your fight. Its so hard to concentrate on anything else when you are constantly fighting excrutiating pain.

My prayers are with you Terry. To the rest of the T-Bone clan, extra prayers for you guys as well.

Gina

TeeTaa,

Thank you for filling us in. I'm SO sorry to hear TBone is still in such pain, and I hope that between the appointment tomorrow (thank God!) and the help of hospice, this pain will soon be gone and he will once again be able to enjoy both the little and the big things in life. He is always in my prayers -- I'll just put him there more frequently now, along with his wife, children and all of you.

(((hugs)))

BeckyCW

I join everybody in prayers for Tbone and all the family.

It is so important to have pain relief, but with a faster

appointment and hospice around, help may be nearer

that we think.

Also good vibes and best wishes, for free pain time.

J.C.

I logged on at lunch and this was the first post I read all day. I immediately logged off and had to leave my office for a while to get control. I can't believe how much I have fallen in love with people I don't even know. Tell TBone I don't feel his pain in my body, but I sure do feel it in my heart. Move over Elaine, is there room for two criers?

Love,

Peggy

Dear TBone and Family,

I am so distraught over this news. My heart is just breaking!! I just know that words are not going to help this and I feel so helpless as I am sure you all do. TBone has become a favorite friend here to an awful lot of us and we will miss him until he has his pain under control and joins us again. He and all of his family are always in my prayers. God, Please hear me now and please help this good man. We love you TBone!!

God Bless You All,

Jane

TeeTaa,

I am so sad to hear TBone is in so much pain I will be praying for him, that tomorrow the Dr.s will find something that will give him releif.

You all are such a wonderful caring family it just breaks my heart to hear he is in so much pain. The pain management centers are wonderful.

Hugs

Rosemary