TBone Update 7/12/04

TeeTaa

Tbone and family.

Like all the others here I offer up my prayers for all of you.

The are no words I can offer to ease your pain. I can only pray that God see fit to offer you miracles upon which will give you joy in life.

At this point in the game, take the pain meds. I would not worry about over using them. Get the pain undercontrol and once you have found that comfort level, stay ahead of the pain to keep it from coming back. Pain makes it hard for your body to heal and to fight.

Do what you feel is best for you. You and your family have been such a wonderful treat to get to know. You are all in my prayers.

Keep us posted if you can and let Tbone know he is loved and so is his family.

Much love, warm hugs, and lots of prayers for you all at this difficult time.

Shirleyb

Tee Taa,

I am so sorry to hear about T's pain. Hopefully the pain cliinic will help give him some relief as well as the hospice nurses. It's what they do, between the two of them someone should have a plan.

I know when I sat on the board of a local hospice, many of the nurses found that the patches did not keep the pain in check. Others swore by them. Hopefully somebody gets him some relief.

I am so glad to hear that he found an advocate in the onc's nurse and that she got his apt. moved up. I say she gets cookies next appointment :P

Hang in there and keep us informed.

My sister went to palliative care for pain relief. It wasn't because she was giving up, but becaused she needed her pain under control. They managed to get it under control and she was discharged home. Hope all goes well with you.

Sincerely,

Kelly

Katha,

Please Tell Terry that I haven't assumed he has given up. Its clear to me that the pain has to be controlled. No one can fight for life when they are in intractable pain. None of us can do that. And calling in Hospice is his decision to make, and doesn't mean he has given up on life, either.

Terry isn't a quitter. He's one of my heroes....in the days past, in the present, in the future, always.

And I'm rather fond of all you sisters, too.

Love,

Fay A.

Tbone;

So very sorry to hear of your problems with the pain. I also use the patches and really dont like them that much. I just don't think they work all that well. My doc. gave me a scrip for morphine in liq. form. Works better!

However, much of my pain is now subsided. I hav'nt spoken to you in awhile. Sorry bout it, but like you I have been having my problems.

I'll be prayin for ya!!! hang in there!!

God Bless and be well

Bobmc

left pneumonectomy 5/2/01, brain mets, 12/18/03, WBR, 2/04

chemo- 5/1 for mediastinum tumor - can't eat or drink anymore- that sucks!

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today"

I just read this one...after I read the one about hospice and going into the facility. I am so glad that Tbone hasn't given up and still has hope. My wish for all of you is that they control his pain. Thinking of all of you, as usual, and keeping you in my prayers.

Nina