There is No Place Like Home!

-Cheryl-

Hello all my Dear Friends at LCSC,

I am so glad to be home and I'm sick of hospital food, somebody measuring all the fluids excreted from my body, and being teathered to the wall. My sister came to visit me often in the hospital to relieve Jack. On one paticular visit, the nurse in charge caught me and my sister giving each other facials with the suction hose to rid ourselves of black heads. My sister brought me lobster one night and I asked her if the "doctor had told her something I didn't know?" She said nope, and I thoroughly enjoyed the crustation! I was so impressed at her buying me my favorite food in the whole world. She said, "Oh it wasn't nothing, just a crawdad from Lake Michigan." Ha! I bet she wished it cost the same as a crawdad instead. :) I asked my doctor for a prescription to bring my baby dog up to the hospital. He did, but Jack warned him that I would be wanting one for my pregnant mare next. Ha!

Anyway, I am more than happy to be home with Jack and all my critters and am very sore from the surgeries. I was glad to get rid off the tubes hanging out of my abdomen. They were in there for eleven days and quite ouchie. I was told I had a large paracardial effusion, and also a pleural effusion and that I had mets to both kidneys and several lymph nodes. I am discouraged and tired- but not defeated yet. Will start taxotere and p100 I think and after that, Dr. Nemenitis has me geared up for a vaccine trial. Dr. Nemenitis is the creator of GVAX. He was the only doctor that offered me something encouraging. Otherwise, I would be deep within the bowels of this beast and very disheartened. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.

Much Love,

Cheryl

Cheryl,

All of us here and all of your family and critters are glad to have you home. It is definitely where our hearts are.

A doctor you like and trust with a plan. That is good news under these circumstances. Is p100 a trial? Glad you have an agressive doctor.

We missed you Cheryl and glad to see you back.

Love,

Cheryl,

So glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Pull up a chair in front of a window with a view of your paddock and watch those beautiful animals of yours. I find horses are very therapeutic, but I'm sure you know that too. Glad to hear you have a plan of action. I'll be saying prayers for you.

Faylene

Cheryl,

I'm glad you're back at home with all the associated comforts. I understand the joy of being around your favorite critters. I was so lonesome for mine while I was in the hospital.

Sure do hope you heal soon and get the chemo underway as well as the GVAX.....

Best wishes to you.

Welcome Home Cheryl!!! Your right ... There is no place like home!! I am glad that you have a plan of action and that you are surrounded by your critters and your love. Hospitals are so cold. I am saying prayers for you both daily and wanted to let you know how much you were missed!!

God Bless You Both,

Jane

Cheryl, glad to see you are at home!!!!!! I bet you are happy. You know, we live in VA close to the chesapeake bay, where seafood is a very regular part of our diets and the very best lobste I have ever had I had in Dallas!! Sounds like you have things planned and under way as fa as the plan of action. I hope all works out and that you get back to 100% soon. Say hi to Jack fo me. You are in my prayers.

David C

Welcome home Cheryl. As I said in another chain before you were actually released..there is no place like home when you are sick. So glad you are out of the joint. I am sure the animals are so glad you are home as well. I never thought of a script for my dog to visit me when I was in the hospital..but believe me if I have to go again I will remember it. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nina

Welcome home Cheryl . Glad you have a couple of good memorries from the stay , as Lobster and facial , and dog visits. Best of all your on the mend. Donna G

Cheryl,

Welcome home! We've all been praying for you and will continue to beat this. Being home will help greatly in in the healing process. It's amazing.

We all admire your strength of character and the incredible support group you've surrounded yourself with. You have so much going for you.

Keep up the fight, darling Cheryl, We love you.

CathyR

Cheryl,

Welcome Back, I am so glad you are home 11 days is just too long.

It's funny the things we can find to amuse ourselves when we are so bored. I will have to remember that one :P

Your Doc sound like he ahs a really food plan for you too.

(Hugs)

Rosemary