There is No Place Like Home!

-Cheryl-

Cheryl,

Just saw your post. I am so happy that you are home. You were truly missed. I pray that the new chemo, trial and vaccine that your doctor has planned for you is the answer and a cure for you. You are always in my prayers...

God Bless and hugs,

Karen

Welcome home Cheryl!

What a wonderful, fun spirit you are. I got such a laugh out of the "facial machine" (gee, wish I had thought of that when Steve was on one for 9 days - he could have come home to a new wife - ha!) Just bet all your critters will be celebrating now. Congrats!

Dear Cheryl,

Glad to hear you are home with all your critters, both large and small. I don't need to tell you, "there's no place like home". I'm sure you know how lucky you are to have such great doctors who care so much about you! Enjoy all the comforts of home, albeit without the lobster!

Cheryl,

So sorry I'm a little late, but Welcome Home!!! I wish you didn't have to go through so much right now, but praying that the taxotere does give you some shrinkage.

Let me know if I can help you with any pleural effusion questions. Thank goodness you have those horrible tubes out!

TAnn

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It really helps! I have found myself sleeping till 2:30 pm in the afternoon. I suppose my body is repairing from the surgeries still. My gut is sore and itches- healing I suppose. I feel pretty good, but become winded after moving around a bit. That has never been a problem until now and certainly curbs the enthusiasm. I tried to get in my garden and pick some over-ripened vegetables before they rot on the vine. My garden has been quite neglected as of late. I still haven't got out on the boat yet. I guess that was not a good investmate, huh? I hope and pray to God for more time on this earth to enjoy it. I will try to go back to work if possible in a couple of weeks. I need my insurance and really need something to get me up and out of the house. I do not know how I will handle the chemo though. Still, so many uncertainties. I am deeply saddened by the death of Jerrye, who lived in Rockwall. Texas. I wrote to her, and her letter got accidently errased. She promised to write again, but never did. That was when she really started going down hill I guess. I hate this disease! I again want to thank you all for your posts. I am struggling with depression, and feel pretty hopeless right now. Reading your posts helps me to know that I am not alone. Thanks guys!

Cheryl

I think you're entitled to a little depression about now, but never give up hope. You're way too young and beautiful to give up. Do what you can and don't worry about the rest of the stuff. You can do it. You have a lot of people in your corner. Hang in there.

Cheryl,

No way are you alone, there are hundreds here praying for you. We all hope this new treatment plan is successful and easy on you.

We all hope that your strength returns quickly and that you are spending your days pickin', boilin' and jarrin' those veggies. Better still you are spending your days out on that new boat. Does Jack sing and have a guitar to seranade you on the boat?

Love,