Low Blood Count

Guest DaveG

Guest DaveG

This morning I received a phone call from Dr. Schiller's nurse, informing me that the blood test done on Tuesday, indicated a Hemoglobin of 8 and an hematocrit of 24, both being well below norm.

By 1:00 PM, I was being admitted to day care at my local hospital, and ended up receiving 2 units of whole blood. I didn't get out until almost 8:30 this evening.

All this answers the question as to why I have been feeling so tired the last few days.

I pray that I won't have to go through this again.

Dave,

It is reassuring to see that those doctors in Madison are keeping their eye on you so closely. With that new blood in you, you'll be feeling like a new person in no time. I'm hoping you are feeling up and better soon, and on the golf course tearing up the green.

My prayers are with you... Always

Carleen

Guest DaveG

how did you people know that I had just made a tee time for 9:45 this morning, to golf with 2 friends?

Thanks, everybody. It just reminds one that we sometimes don't have control of what happens next. We're always one phone call away........

Watchout Tiger, here comes Dave..... glad you are feels par...fect....

God Bless

Norme

husband

nsclc dx'd 7/31/02

nsclc surgery left lung removed along with 5 to 7 lymph nodes 9/11/02

Radiation and Chemo 10/02 - 11/02

Radiation 12/02 - 2/03

2/03 meds to brain - 10 whole head radiation treatments

4/03 med to bone - 10 radiation treatments

Dave, you're a mess! No matter what, you make that golf scene! Itis much like Lucie always making her church bazaar workshops every Wednesday, no matter how she feels or what is going on that week. You guys need something like that to keep looking forward to and to keep you active. Chuckle. Don

Dave,

Glad to hear the transfusion helped.

If you lived here you would have to take up yachting, all of our golf courses are under water. We had one, yes one, day of full sun the whole month of May. June has not been much better. It begins to get to you.

Hope you shot low today.

Way to go DAVE!!, Glad to hear your feeling better and your game is good! :lol::lol::lol:

God bless, feel well, and hit em straight & keep em on the short grass; Someday, it might stop raining here in the northeast so I can play :(:(

Bobmc - NSCLC - stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"