TBone's Pain Control

TeeTaa

Wanted to let y'all know what's going on with TBone -

Having hospice come in and choosing not to pursue further treatments seems to have brought him a tremendous amount of comfort. He's very impressed with the several hospice folks he's met already, and they've managed to keep his pain under control.

The hospice doctor who came today wants to change his pain management regimen completely from the various things he's been taking to Methadone (yeah, the stuff they use on heroin addicts). This doctor promises it'll "make him a new man" as far as the pain is concerned. Terry is all for the change and was anxious to get started.

But here's the deal - in order to wean him off the other stuff and gradually get his body adjusted to the methadone, he has to spend three days in the hospice in-patient facility so that he can be closely monitored. Terry and his wife Ann took off shortly thereafter, and should be at the facility by now and getting him settled in for this SHORT stay.

While the thought of his being in the hospice facility is in itself a bit troubling, it appears to be necessary and both Terry and Ann appeared to be quite excited about there being a plan. To all of us, he appears to be more at peace right now than he's been since this whole ordeal began on Christmas Eve last year.

Once again, thank you all for your concern, and I promise to keep you updated.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Tee Taa~

I hope his pain is controlled very soon. Most residential hospices have room for families too so you and the sisters should be able to visit and stay awhile if you want. I wish him all the very best. You guys hang in there.

If he's gonna be going through some withdrawal stuff, I don't know if I WANT to visit! :lol::lol: And I'm sure he won't be reading this til he's out, so I guess I'm safe saying this!

Seriously, the hospice folks made it clear that family is welcome at any time, and I think his kids are going up there tonight.

Thanks -

TeeTaa

Hello TeeTaa;

So very happy about these latist turn of events. Seems like you all made the right decision; Please give Terry my regards and I will continue with the prayers for him.

God Bless and be well

Bobmc

left pneumonectomy 5/2/01, brain mets, 12/18/03, WBR, 2/04

chemo- 5/1 for mediastinum tumor - can't eat or drink anymore- that sucks!

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today"

TeeTaa, Give your big beautiful brother a big hug from me when you see him.

When Buddy entered hospice was the first time he was without pain. He had pain since 9/11/02 till hospice. He to seemed somewhat at ease when hospice started. I know he is at peace now at Rainbow Bridge.

Tee,

Yes Tbone and Rob do have a lot in common, unfortunately. We are getting set up with the care too, and Rob is not giving up either. Although it doesn't look good right now, maybe if they can get rid of the pain, they can feel more like eating and fighting with a better frame of mind. It is so hard to watch, it just breaks my heart. :cry: Wish him our best. I told Rob about Terry and that he was not the only one going thru this. He just shook his head. We think about him often. Take care,

Tess

TeeTaa,

I'm glad TBone is on his way to a no-pain zone (sorry for the rhyme). I hope the transition from the current medications to this one will be as easy and quick as possible, and that he will soon have that relief he's looking for, to gear up and fight this beast AND to enjoy life. Please give him my best,

BeckyCW

P.S. As TBone says, "praying for us all."

Tee Taa, just sending some lovin' your and T'bones way...I hope that they are able to get a handle on the pain, and everything else in time.

If you don't mind my asking, you guys have some interesting 'nicknames' can you tell me how they came about? Just wondering...

T-Bone, hang in there, my friend...we're here waiting for you.. Take care, Deb