Update on Dad and a hallpass request

First of all, Ry, I need a hallpass........pretty please. My family and I will be going to Memphis Wednesday and will return on Saturday. (gotta' see where the king of rock and roll lived) :lol:

Next, Dad had an oncology appointment today. Things were not as well as I expected. The CT scan showed that the primary lung tumor had no change. It also showed a new tumor on his left lung. :cry: The doctor said that it was small and we would be watching it. Dad has finished his chemo. Six rounds of carbo/taxol. The doctor thinks that to do more chemo right now would be too risky and too toxic for Dad. :cry: He started Dad on Iressa today. I went to have the Rx filled.........the pharmacy doesn't stock it because it is so expensive. We will get it on Saturday when I return and start it then. PLEASE pray that the Iressa works for Dad. Right now it seems that it is the only option that we have. The doctor said that we would do a new CT scan in 3 months. I made the remark that it seemed like a long time.............especially since we knew that there was a new tumor to deal with. The doctor came over, patted me on the back and said that for me, we would re-scan in 2 months instead of 3. :wink: I thanked him for being so understanding. He has really been great to us. Anything that we have needed or wanted, we have got.

I am glad that Dad has finished his chemo, but at the same time it scares me to death! When we were going for chemo, it felt like we were really doing something. Now, we have to change courses and pray that the Iressa works. I want so badly to be able to DO something for my Dad. This is a fight that I can't fight for him and that is tearing me apart! :cry: If love could cure my Dad.........he would be cured. For that matter, if love could cure cancer, all of you fighting this disease would be cured. I have grown to love you all. All I can do is put my Dad in God's hands.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Angie,

Iressa can be very effective at holding things stable and, as you know, in some cases shrinking tumors. Prayers that it will be so for your Dad. Iressa is a treatment plan, so don't feel like nothig is being done.

Enjoy your trip, which I hope will be filled with fun and rock and roll!

Margaret

Angie,

Oh, I hope it works too! A break from chemo can be a good thing. My dad waited 10 weeks between chemo and surgery, and we were scared to death about regrowth or new growth, so I know what your going through. Nothing came up with my dad though, and hopefully none with yours. You have my BEST wishes comin your way...

Jamie

Angie,

dont get down. Come on, your my cheerleader and now I am yours. Iressa does wonders for some people on here. Are they sure its a cancerous tumor on the other side. did they biopsy it?? maybe its just non cancerous, (wishful thinking I know but hey thats all we got right) Take your hall pass and ENJOY it. Tomorrow is not gauranteed to ANYONE so make today all it can be for you and your whole family. I am trying to learn that myself.

believe with all you have that the iressa will work for your dad and give him a squeeze for me.