So, I'm replying to a post, and it gets me wonderin'...

Debaroo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so nice to write about something other than cancer on here!!! We should come up with weekly interesting threads.... we would get to know more about each other and what makes us who we are!!

Now... Sharyn is obviously my real name... only it is spelled Sharon. When I went to high school I thought it would be cool to spell it differently (pathetic!!) so onliine I still do!! I do have another nickname "Cricket" that was given to me by a dear friend. :P

I think my user name is pretty obvious. I never had a nickname when I was young. My brother Bob has always called me Lil off and on.

When I married and moved to Louisiana my name got shortened because no one could pronounce it right. I became Lilyun witch I hated.

Then Johnny and I reconnected. He called me Lily most of the time. He had other nicknames for me such as Sweet Buns, Sugar Buns, Sweet Beans, Honey, Sugar, love, lover and the list goes on and on. The one that I always cherish is when he would just call me Mom. Seemed like we had spent a life time together tho it was just 5 months. Mom was his way of saying "Look at us we belong together".

When he died he took so much of me with him but left me so much of himself with me . Because we were like two halves of the same person I joined our names to make Lilyjohn. Now we will always be one person :)

Hi All:

My monikor pays tribute to the one song that stands out in my mind among the many songs written and sung by Roy Orbison...one of my favorite singers.

Its a bit sad and I guess that's the way I was feeling at the momemt of choosing. The only other nickname I ever had before was *blubber lips*. Didn't that was appropriate :-).

Fun posting!

God Bless us All,

Francine

Hi, When I joined I was in the throes of chemo h#ll so gues my creative juices were not flowing David is my first name and C is for my last name. I thought about cacres (prounounced c-acres) which is a shortened version of what we have named our home-chapmanacres. When growing up most of my freinds called me chappy or chapster but that did not really stick when I left home to go to school.

Fun post, lets have more.

Man, I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts. I feel like it really gives more insight as to who we were before lung cancer entered our lives, and reminds us that we are still the same people that we were before it entered our lives.

As for myself, I have had a few other nicknames in the past. Lets see-my first nickname was when I was a baby, I never crawled-and so bounced around on my butt (literally) until I finally walked at something like 18 months!!!! So, my dad called me sweetpea (after the Popeye character, who also didn't really crawl, but tended to scootch around on his/her? butt). The sweetpea also happens to be the April flower, according to those Hallmark datebooks-and I was born in April-I suppose I should have used sweetpea for my username, now that I think about it. Although I was really only called that as a baby. Daddy then called me "Butch" or "Butchie", he called my sister that, too. But of course as we got older and hit adolescance, we-nicely-asked him to not call us that because we weren't boys. I feel badly that we ever did that. I hope it didn't hurt Daddys feelings...but I guess he understood, being the father of two girls can't have been easy.

Then in school, being always the shortest one, I was called 'shrimp or shrimpo', 'french fry' (I suppose it was a variation on short fry), and in Jr. High I was called "clyde", due to my affinity for wearing fedoras (I was into Duran Duran-any MTVers from back in the day remember them?-that was before my punk stage, where I shaved my head and wore black for 3 years 8):roll: .

Oh yeah, and my friend Candy calls me Denortha-her name is actually Florance, Candy is a pet name her mom gave her and it stuck-I didn't believe her until she showed me her drivers license-then I told her my real name was Denortha-but I was too embarrased to use it-and SHE BELIEVED ME. Denortha is actually a name of a cartoon on an old Sesame street where this hillbilly guy sings a love song to this skinny, homely girl named Denortha...my loving older (5 yrs) sister told me, after we viewed this sketch, that Denortha was my real name and that I was adoped- :evil: I, of course, believed her...my parents had to break out all of my baby pictures and pictures of Mom pregnant with me to proove that Darlene was just being hateful :lol: . Ahh, sisterly love...

:oops::oops: I see I got caught up in one of my tangents again, sorry guys....

Anyway keep the posts coming, Karma-are you out there? I'd love to hear your story. Its been great getting to know you all a bit more!!! Take care, Deb

Debaroo,

If that had been your name you would have fit in nicely with Matha and Katha in our family. Partically since folks are always trying to make Matha into Martha. So you must then question-is it Kartha? We could then segue to Karma, Darma, Dartha Vader, Denortha. (and I'm not even on chemo......)

Fratha (Fran)

I have enjoyed reading these!!

Cindy is of course my name, the RN part just shows I am a nurse. I miss signing my name with RN after it when I stopped working so at least now I see it everytime I post on here.

I also have the middle name Dianne which was my moms middle name and my 24 yr olds middle name is also Dianne.

Cindy

Chick is my Dad's nickname from WWII. He was from a city called Chicopee and went he went into the services at 16 years old, he was given the nickname "Chick" and it stuck. At my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, when we shared this simple story, a funny guy piped up and said "Good thing you didn't come from Assonet!".

Jane

Mine too didn't take much thought!! Real name: Faylene, shortened to Fay. I was never called Fay until I started working in the O.R. 16 years ago. Now that is what I am called at work. Friends still use Faylene. I can't quite think of any nick-names I had, except names my brothers called me, and I won't repeat those!

faylene

Donna is my real name, actually Donna Marie. G my last initial. My last name is very longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Years ago at work we had to go by our last name. People would forget what they wanted to ask by the time they got my name out so it became common practice to just say " Mrs. G" Donna G

Mine is pretty obvious. I do stand for hope, thus stand4hope. I stole it from someone, though, from another source, so it isn't original.

My nickname is Peggy - real name is Margaret. I'm only called Margaret by doctors, bill collectors and old teachers. My grandmother used to call me Pejjie Jean Punkin' Shell. Don't ask me where she got that. My middle name is Jayne. Anyway, that was picked up by a lot of my family and they still occasionally call me Pejjie Jean or Pejjie Jayne. When I was a teenager I baby sat for a little boy that couldn't say Peggy - it came out Piggy. :roll:

Hey everyone. I haven't posted for a while, but still come and read and pray for all of you. I like this post, so I thought I'd chime in. Anniemac is for Anne McIntire. Tim started calling me Annie when we were dating and for him it stuck. Most of my friends call me Annie, but most of my family still calls me just plain Anne.

I was also know as Little Mac, since Tim's work buddies called him either Big Mac or Mac.

This post has been around a bit I see. When I've seen the name of the post I thought I had read it so never looked. This morning I said to myself wonder what that WAS about hmm

Ok My screen name is Fall54 representing Fall as my favorite season and I was born in 1954 so it's Fall54. My real name is Jane and before I ever married it was Jane Russell. You know the first sex symbol or the 18 hour bra!! Well when I got married I was glad to have a different last name so I wasent always asked about the Jane Russell one !! LOL

God Bless You All,

Jane

What a neat thread. :D Mine isn't too exciting - Eileen and the M is for Marie.

But I do have a family nickname given to me by my 2 older brothers when I was a baby - Honey. At times, I've used Honey when meeting new people. But there are people who are uncomfortable using it so they usually clear their throats to get my attention or those who wouldn't say or do anything until I looked at them. :) It gets confusing when signing Christmas Cards as I am known by Eileen to some and Honey to others.

I didn't know my real name until I was 5 years old and starting school. That's when my mom told me that in school the teachers would know me as Eileen. She had me practice printing Eileen. I'm told that I had no problem answering to Eileen.

When my hubby and I first started dating and he would introduce me, he would say this is Eileen or you can call her Honey or whatever you want. So they usually didn't feel comfortable calling me anything. I finally got him to stop introducing me like that. Told him to make a decision :lol: and stick with it.

The housing development where we live presently I am known as Honey. but once we move I thought I'd be Eileen at the next place. :):lol:

EileenM or is it Honey? :lol:

Mine is boring as well. Renee is my real name, and I live in the Louisville Kentucky. In a hurry to start using thsi board, I had to come up with a quick user name. So, Renee_ky it is. My husband calls me "grace" quite a bit (because I am very clumpsy). Since I can remember, it seems everyne I know and everyone I meet calls me "Na Na", I guess that goes with the name Renee.

I love this thread :-) My real name is Kathi. Kitkathi is a nickname someone gave me. It refers to the chocolate bar Kit-Kat. The person thought that I was like a Kit-Kat. A Kit-Kat has several layers; sort of like my personality I suppose. Of course their is more to it but the rest is a little too naughty to devulge :lol:

kitkathi

teresag is the same kind of mundane acronym as Katieb. Not capitalizing it is just easier. I've belonged (and still do) to other BBS where I've used the same moniker.

Had I thought of it at the time, I could have used any of an assortment of old nicknames, like Flash (high school - don't ask), Turtle (childhood), Fritz/Fritza (from my family) - and one or two I won't divulge without first entering the witness protection program.

Your friend, Fritza

What a fun subject!

Mine is also boring -- Dianne is my name, and the S & B are encompassing letters having to do with the rest of my name!

I'm wondering now why everyone doesn't have cute kitty pics with their posts? KIDDING! I love them all -- the people and the dogs & cats!

Dianne

Mine is boring as well - first name Amy and last initial. My hubby sometimes refers to me as plucky duck and I sometimes use flybunny or curlydog from my daughter who used them to name a couple of stuffed animals. In college there were 4 other Amy's so I was always called by my last name - by EVERYONE! I too was anxious to begin using the board and wasn't being too creative!

I am scared what will stick with my daughters - audie bug, auds and squeezer for Audrey and abber, babber, babigail and babs for Abby

Thanks Debaroo for such a fun thread!!!!