Looking for Names.....

Fay A.

I am looking for the names of Medical and Surgical Oncologists at major comprehensive cancer centers and University Hospitals in the US, not limited to California. If you have knowledge of specific individuals who have experience with Lung Cancer would you please send me a private message with name and contact information?

Today, for the second time this week, my radiation treatment was cancelled because of a software glitch in the machine they use. The Radiologist is not a "bad guy". He is actually a very kind and conscientious and earnest young man. But today he told me that he wasn't concerned if I miss a few days here and there because what he was doing was not going to "...change the course..." of my disease. He said he would be very concerned about my missing treatments if it were going to affect my outcome. But that it wasn't going to do so at all.

I need to find someone who is going to be concerned enough to help me find something that WILL change the course of my disease, and WILL affect my outcome. Or to at least TRY to do so.

Thanks.

The next person who tells me how 'benign' and 'easy' I have it because I have BAC is going to be on the receiving end of....oh I don't know. I'm just tired of it being presented as a walk in the park....because it isn't.

Dearest Fay,

I have no real answers but I am truly mad that anyone would be so cavalier about anothers life. I was going to say pi$$ed because that is what I really am.

Earl's radiation oncologist is Dr. Benjamin Movsas at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. Of all of this doctors, we liked and trusted him the most.

Dave's radiation oncologist is Christopher Johnson with Massey Cancer Center, part of Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center here in Richmond. It's a pretty major cancer research/treatment center and he's pretty darn good, except he did guess wrong on the bonkitis. But he did send Dave to the ENT for a biopsy so at least he didn't assume anything, which is a good sign.

By the way, educate me, I'm too wrapped up in the world of small cell, but what does BAC mean?

Best of luck, you are a real fighter.

God Bless,

Karen

Fay,

My radiation oncologist is Dr. Eli Glatstein from the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He is the Vice Chairman and Clinical Director of the Radiology Oncology Department and specializes in Lung Cancer. He's an awesome doctor who gave me pretty aggressive treatment and doesn't beat around the bush. He's a straightforward guy, which I appreciate.

My medical oncologist is Dr. James Stevenson from the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He also specializes strictly in Lung Cancer and is also treating Ray A. He makes you feel like you are a team working together with your treatment. I can't say enough about him.

AND....my surgical doc was Dr. Larry Kaiser, who is the Chief of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania and is known world-wide as one of the top thorasic surgeons and is VERY aggressive.

U of Penn's cancer center is known as the "Abramson Cancer Center" and is a Comprehensive Cancer Center.

I will PM you with their contact info. Good luck with your search!

I'm just tired of it being presented as a walk in the park....because it isn't.

Sure it is, Fay! There you go, over-reacting! It IS a walk in the park...Central Park...at midnight...with no moon...and a mini skirt....and those California stillettos...and big hair...and big boobs...and a target painted on your back! Just EXACTLY the same...as doing said walk during a gang war...

Sorry to hear your treatment isn't all it was cracked up to be, and that half-assed seems to be acceptable! ARGH! That is SOOOO aggravating! I guess if I can't drive, I'll have to try flying and come to get your HOUSE set up AND bring your doctor around to your way of thinking... I'll bring Guido to break some kneecaps...

GEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

xxoo

Becky

fay a.-

totally unacceptable response from the rad, even if his intentions were innocuous. he should put himself in your shoes!!!! sorry i have no names for you, but pray that others are more forthcoming. keep sticking up for YOU (and for the rest of us by extension). will be interested in the information you glean. i'm in your corner. love & hugs

How dare he say that to you! What a jerk! Steve is getting good care in Santa Rosa at the Redwood Regional Medical Group, but I would suggest looking into Stanford Med. Center in Palo Alto or UCSF in SF, they're both cutting edge. Good luck and get thee to a radiologist who would walk through hot coals to take care of you.

Fay,

I PM'd you contact information for a thoracic surgeon and onc md at Cedars Sinai. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any other way. Here is some additonal information about the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Center:

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/3137.html

They recently hosted a Cancer Survivors Luncheon which was a testamonial of their dedication to their patients.

Donna B

Faye,

I am searching myself, and will keep you informed. I met with DR. Nemenitus and Dr. Senzer- head over GVAX trial, among many that they are doing here at Mary Crowleys Medical Resaearch Center # (214) 370-1870. I am investigating trials and treatments myself. Good Luck!

Cheryl