One heckuva week...

Snowflake

Well, I don't really have any insight, but I will say this: anyone who can initiate such a funny, enlightening, entertaining string of messages definitely still has "it" together, as do all the wonderful folks who've responded. I vote with them all - stress, hormones, minor injury, and whatever else I may have just read and already forgotten.

And I give a second vote to blaming the kids . . . I'm now convinced that whenever you have a child, you give birth to half your brain cells. Then when you have another child, half again. I've got two kids, so I'm now left with only 25% of my original brain capacity. If the math is right, that is . . . don't know, cause those cells seemed to have taken a hit. Anyway, it's a good thing I stopped at two. Could be a candidate for the Darwin Awards if I further procreated.

Surely don't mean to make light of your situation . . . hope you're chillin' the grey stuff again mighty soon.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Dear Becky,

Stress has played a major role in my life for too many years to remember. I have always been the caregiver and put myself last. I have been told that and know that of myself. What I have noticed about stress is that it makes me stumble over my own words. It also makes my mind feel like mush and I cant think of the easiest things. I say my sons name after saying a dozen others and he just looks at me like "WHAT??" I tell him It's stress, I am so worn out, tired and stressed. He seems to accept that but I feel like a real twerp!! Mind you, I dont have cancer that I know of and stress can still play havock with my mind. I agree with those that said you could never write like you do, funny, witty, intelligent and compassionate if your brain was melting!! I am not a DR by any stretch of the imagination but I say STRESS.

Do something for Becky, entirly for Becky. Get away and relax where there is no phone , no computer and no one else to worry about but yourself. AND THEN DONT WORRY!!!!

My prayers are with you Becky as always,

Jane

Becky,

I am probably in no shape to be giving anyone advice, ha! Your post really spoke to me though. I think we can all relate to the "melt down." For me, my cancer diagnosis has been like "holding my breath" or "waiting for the other shoe to drop." As positive as I have tried to be, there is always a little voice inside my head saying "you can't get rid of me, I am lung cancer, and only 13 % survive!" I hate saying that outloud, because I don't want it to be true. Cancer is all encompassing. We want to live our regular lives, as wives, mothers, employees, and friends. We aren't "normal" though, and that is o.k.. We learn how to live with this disease. It teaches us many things, but you have to be open to it. I am readng an excellent Book. "The Purpose Driven Life." (Just started it) I am sorry, I haven't figured it out all out yet- Ha! I will let you all know when I do. I just know that, you can't pretend this disease does not exist. Yes, live live as normally as possible. Be scared at times, and not afraid to admit it. When you feel overwhelmed, let everyone know. Do not feel guilty for taking time for yourself. We all cope the best way that we can, but giving yourself permission to be human is really important. Good Luck, and I am here whenever you need me.

Cheryl

Becky,

It is a good thing you started out with so many brain cells to begin with. I am relieved your scans are clear and hope that you get to the bottom of this fog very quickly. It does seem tnat you do have an awful lot to deal with at one time.

Lisa

Hey Becky,

Alaska would be a good place to chill. My husband is out to sea & I have 2 spare rooms. We live on an island so lots of water around. If you can get to Ketchikan just 780 miles N of Seattle ( of course flying or the ferry is the only way) come on up. The door is open. Open to any of you & I mean it.

My brain is feeling like mush also. I write all the names of people I talk to & there are time that when I check the list the next day I totally don't remember talking to them or writing the note in my book. Also just about had it with the fatigue & nausea from the WBR.

I hope things get better for you. Don't forget everyone. The door to my log cabin in the woods is open.

PS to KatieB..We have actually had very warm weather here this summer. like in the high 80's. Very unusual for SE Alaska. To hot for me.

Be well everyone. Rachel

Oh Becky my dear, I am voting for your problem to be STRESS. I do think it has to do with moving back home, job, trying to get things moving on your new home. All of this mounts up and the brain is only so big.

I have noticed since Buddy's passing that I am getting somewhat forgetful. Today I was sitting at the kitchen table writting out some cks for a few bills when I heard some trucks in the neighborhood. I thought to myself, that sure is a unusual sound. One would have thought I would have gotten up to see but right then I forgot I heard the noise and went back to paying the bills. About 10 minutes later I walked out to the garage and opened it to see the garbage truck down the street. I thought to myself, what is it doing here today, then the lightbulb went off. It was Friday and Friday is garbage day. Things like this are happening more and more. I don't have Stress I don't think, I have loneliness for Buddy and I can't get him off my mind to keep the brain working properly. I wish you could move to an apartment then I think you would be able to get that young brain back on track.

Hang in dear, it will all work out....much love....