Duke of Earl - Chapter 70 - Hospice Week 1

ginnyde

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginny,

So thankful Earl is not in pain and that he is there next to you. There's an awful lot of tears being shed here for you. We try so hard to keep it together in front of our loved ones, but sometimes it's just impossible. I keep telling Steve that he's the one with cancer but it seems like he's always comforting me. But I can guess from what I've seen of your relationship in your posts, that you still share some light moments too. Hope they can also comfort you both.

Oh dear Ginny!!! Your post brings back sich a flood of memories for me! Like you and Shirley, I was always fighting back the tears. I was always so relieved to see the Hospice aide come to the door, as that meant I could step outside and have a good cry and have time to wash my face with cold water to disguise the tears. I know we have to be strong for our loved ones, as they draw much courage from us. Sometimes, I look back on days gone by and wish I had cried with Dennis. Sometimes, I wonder if he thought I was taking all this too well, as I really tried to be so very brave! I know you must be exhausted, as you are still working and are getting very little sleep at night. Please take care of yourself. I was taking mega doses of vitamins while Dennis was very sick, in an effort to keep myself going. It is such great news that the Duke still has a good appetite. That is so very important!!! My thoughts and prayers are with both you and the Duke!!! Remember Ginny....you have to believe that a miracle CAN and WILL happen!!!!

Ginny,

I am so sorry you and Earl are going through this difficult time. I know how hard it is. You were such a good friend to Ada during her tough times, I wish she were here for you now. Keep up hope and take care of yourself.

Jim

Ginny,

I am glad that Earl is under good care and he is in no pain. I pray for you and Earl and think of how you are doing often. I dont know how we are supposed to hold ourselves together and not cry when we know da*n well that this person does not deserve whats been handed to them. Im sending many hugs to you and Earl and will continue to pray for you.

Kelly

Ginny,

I am glad that Earl is under good care and he is in no pain. I pray for you and Earl and think of how you are doing often. I dont know how we are supposed to hold ourselves together and not cry when we know da*n well that this person does not deserve whats been handed to them. Im sending many hugs to you and Earl and will continue to pray for you.

Kelly

Ginny

You have been blessed with the most amazing and beautiful heart and also strength of spirit. The love you and Earl have for each other is just so obvious. I am so sorry that this is what you both have to go through, but I hope you manage to still find some good times and create some more beautiful memories.

with love

Jana

xxxx

Ginny, I am so sorry this has to be so hard on both you and Earl. If only you could have another day for every tear shed, just among us here on the boards, Earl would have another lifetime to share with you. I wish it could be so. Your posts always shine with the devotion you both have for each other, and it breaks my heart to see this happen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will stay with you.

BeckyCW

Dear Ginny,

I am so very saddened by this chapter. So sad it seems that I have no idea what to say to you. I know how it was to lose a Brother but it can not compare to your soul mate. I am glad that Earl is free of pain and is eating well. I am also glad his thinking skills are still intact. This horrible disease just drains the life out of you and that is why your sweet husband is so very weak. I did the same thing when it came to crying. I would do my crying before I saw him or after I left him. I had to put the shoe on the other foot and realise how hard it is for anyone that is in the end stages of their life to have the feeling of losing everybody they love. We lose one person, they lose everyone. It has to be horrible for them to deal with so I was careful not to add to my Brother's pain by crying in front of him. Thats not to say I never did but rarely. Ginny, I guess all I know is that God will take care of all. We must trust in him.

God Bless you Both,

Jane

Oh Ginny. Know that I think of you and Earl so very often and am in awe of the love you share. May you both find comfort in knowing that your love has been a gift - not only to the two of you, but also to your children and all that know you.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Ginny,

This chapter is about all I can take. I feel so for you and Earl. Tears are streaming and I don't know what to say. You are lucky to have each other and I am so very glad that Earl is not in any pain. Keeping you in my prayers for strength and peace.

Nina

Ginny,

This sounds all so very fimiliar. I wish with all my heart I lived near by to help you and your family for this is a very hard time all of you are going through.

I sometimes wish my Buddy were still hear even under those circumstances but then I remember Sunday services about three weeks ago when Father's talk said one must let go of the past and live today for the past is gone. This hit me like a ton of bricks but it did help me for I still cry a lot but I try and say to myself the past is gone, there is only today and that is not guarenteed for the full 24 hours today, it is just for this moment.

Hold on to dear Earl tightly and talk of all the great times you shared with each other. Oh God, the tears are flowing right now. I feel for both of you. Much love my dear friend to you and Earl....

P>S> How does one get so attached to people through this puter...I feel like we have been friends all our lives. Hold on to him tight.

I'm glad Hospice is going well for you and that Earl is now comfortable in a hospital bed. As I read your post I had many flashbacks from when we were taking care of my father in his hospital bed in his living room. I too had days when anything that I said or did, or anyone else said, caused me to be teary-eyed. Although it was about the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, I have no regrets about having carried the whole thing through to the end. Please be sure to get as much sleep as possible, eat well, and get some quiet, alone time for yourself. I am praying for you and Earl.