I hate Steroids

Remembering Dave

Well since the brain mets came my onc put me on steroids and they are taking effect. I found myself getting short and snapping at Karen and Faith. I cannot stand myself on steroids, I am very very irratable and ravenous. I just have to force myself to eat fruits and vegetables instead of "bad" stuff. Please keep me and my Family in your prayers.

David C

David,

I am sorry the meds are doing this to you. I think Karen understands, doesn't make it any easier, but she does understand. Faith is a different story.

You are all in my prayers. No one deserves this disease.

May the good Lord provide you comfort and peace.

Much love,

Shirleyb

Add in a wife suffering from some BAD PMS, and you've got a pretty bad combination here, LOL! :twisted:

poor Faith, good thing she has a great sense of humor!

karen

p.s. I want to tell everyone that, in reading our posts, they seem to be full of typos involving the lack of the letter "r", it's because Faith banged on the keyboard and did something to the "r" button.

David,

I am so sorry, but you can do this my friend. You need to find some outlet to allow yourself to vent your frustrations. I use to like weight training. Due to my strength at present, art is a good one for me. Keep your fridge stocked with baby carrots, cauliflower, celery, and fruits. Walk if you can muster the energy. We love you and are pulling for you my friend. My best to Karen and baby girl too.

Cheryl

Dave,

I know all too well the steroid personality change issue and the PMS issue--oh boy.

On the same note as Cheryl, maybe a punching bag would be a good investment?

I've thought of getting one here, just to take my frustrations out and be done with them. Not that I would ever, ever entertain the notion of hitting a family member or one of my animals, but the thought of beating up on a punching bag does kind of hold some appeal to me.

I hold you and your beautiful wife and baby in my thoughts every day. Good luck,

Cindy

Dear David and Faith,

My prayers are with you both. Steriods can really make you on edge. You hang tough and try to remember when you want to jump down someone's throat that it's the drugs and take a deep breath!!

God Bless you Both,

Jane

Thanks everybody for the good ideas. We did go out and stock up on a lot of fruits and vegies and Karen made up a nice thing in the fridge full of it all. We recently got a treadmill which I have been using off and on but vow to be more on now. The day of my bonchitis (re) diagnosis I went home and got out my .22 caliber pistol and shot off more than a few rounds at the logs in the river, of course that was pre-steroid so not sure if thats a good idea now, maybe better keep that under lock and key, ha,ha. I did get out today and mow about 1 1/2 acres. We have gotten so much rain here that it is hard to keep up with, even if I wasn't going through this. I have more than enough to keep me busy. I will try my best not to let the steroids get to me, I think the percocets may be offsetting the steroids a bit so that is a good thing.

David C

David

Sorry that you're having a rough time of it right now. Those steroids aren't easy to deal with. My son was on high dose prednisone for a month due to very low platelets. He was always starving and I know he worked at it to keep his moods under control. As you know, you're lucky to have your wonderful wife Karen and beautiful little girl. I second the notion of exercise to help with stress. I use it all the time. It does help.

You and your family are in my prayers. I watch all the time for your postings and hope the news is good. Your roller coaster is due for a good long uphill stretch, I just know it.

Gail P-M