My heart is breaking, My sweet Mom is gone

GayleMarie

Hey All,

Thanks so much for your posts. All of you are so kind and so helpful in offering suggestions. Ven, thank you for your pm. I really, really, wish I had been on here more and read more about bone mets, zometa.

My mother passed away at noon yesterday. The break in her leg that she sustained on Monday was too much to overcome. Her lungs filled up and she declined pretty rapidly. I loved her so. She was so good in the hospital. Said her pain was a 9. Then later it was a 6. The morphine worked It must have been so bad :( They told us her cancer was in her pelvic area, her other leg. She had a lump on the back of her head. Her arm hurt because she said "she pulled something". I knew it was the cancer. My heart is breaking because I wanted to say so much to her. The morphine made her different, she knew us but it was not the same. I will miss her terribly.

Here is to all the caregivers. We fly by the seat of our pants sometimes. We do our best. The disease is a horrible thing. There is no right or wrong way to deal with this.

I admire you all for your strength because it takes so very much.

Much love,

Gayle

Gayle,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear sweet mother. I've read your posts, and can tell how much you loved her, and just how brave and strong she was. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and I pray that God brings you strength and comfort during this difficult time.

Carleen

Gayle,

So sorry to read about your mom. I know it's not an easy time for you and your family. But you were there for your mom and it was certainly evident how much you loved her and she knew it.

My sincere condolences and stay with us for support in the days to come.

Gail P-M

Gayle, I am so sorry at the loss of your mom. I suggest you write a letter to your mom and say what you wanted to say to her. A friend suggested that to me, and it helped me work through the pain. And, as you express yourself, I believe your mom will know. Peace. Don

Gayle,So sorry about your loss. We sure do fly by the seat of our pants as friends and loved ones, but hopefully we can learn a little as we go. I can't understand how this awful disease moves so very fast. I know you have many good memories of your wonderful Mom. Prayers and love coming your way.

Gayle,

Just read your post - I am so very sorry.

That picture you posted - there is something about it, I can't explain - it just made an impression on me the first time I saw it. They look like such nice people.

I'm thinking of you.

Take Good Care.

Sincerely,

Ven

Gayle,

I am so very sorry. :cry: I love the picture of your mom and dad. They look like they were a very sweet couple, and they have (had?) a beautiful home - it looks so nice and bright. Is your dad still living? If so, I'm wondering how he is coping with this tremendous loss, as well as other siblings or relatives.

Much love and prayers for you, Gayle.

Peggy

Gayle

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mom. I am sure she knew how loved she was. You are right, we are all trying to do our best on some very uncharted waters. Thank you for your helpful and kinds words to all of us at this difficult time. Thinking of you, your family and your wonderful mom.

Nancy

Dear Gayle,

I'm so sorry about your mother, but I'm glad that she went peacefully. I sat with my mother and saw the way morphine eased it all -- at the end she felt she was being reunited with HER mother who had died of cancer when my mother was sixteen years old, a thought that gave her great comfort.

My heart goes out to you and to your dad.

Ellen

Gayle,

I am very sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I lost my Mom also on July 11th at 4:15 in the morning. I too didn't say all I wanted to say to her. Who would have thought she would go so quickly. You don't want to discuss some things, some things might seem too final. You don't want them to think that you are giving up hope. I wish I had not waited. Now it is too late.

It's only been a week, they say it will get better. But who do you call now? Mom is gone :cry:

Robin

Gayle and family,

My deepest condolences to you on this sad turn of events. Any mother with a daughter like you must certainly be at peace. Please take some time now to be good to yourself, because I know what this disease can do to the rest of the family.

Gayle and Robin,

I know how it is to lose your mom. My mom died in l992 of other problems but it was still very fast and I felt as though I had not said all I needed to say to her. I still miss my mother very much, but more often than not, now I think about the good times we had and the love we all had for each other. The way I feel that we are carrying on what mother taught us is that we as siblings are making a point of staying close. We talk often and get together often. I hope my kids will do the same thing. The biggest lesson any of us can teach our children is to love each other. It sounds as though you learned that lesson well. That is a tribute to your mothers. You both are in my prayers.

Nina

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Gayle, I'm very sad to hear about your mom. I will pray for you and your family. I wish there was more I can do. So very sorry.

Cat