my sweet mom is gone

GayleMarie

Hey All,

Thanks so much for your posts. All of you are so kind and so helpful in offering suggestions. I wish I had been on here more and read more about bone mets.

My mother passed away at noon yesterday. The break in her leg that she sustained on Monday was too much to overcome. Her lungs filled up and she declined pretty rapidly. I loved her so. She was so good in the hospital. Said her pain was a 9. Then later it was a 6. The morphine worked It must have been so bad :( They told us her cancer was in her pelvic area, her other leg. She had a lump on the back of her head. Her arm hurt because she said "she pulled something". I knew it was the cancer. My heart is breaking because I wanted to say so much to her. The morphine made her different, she knew us but it was not the same. I will miss her terribly.

Here is to all the caregivers. We fly by the seat of our pants sometimes. We do our best. The disease is a horrible thing. There is no right or wrong way to deal with this.

I admire you all for your strength because it takes so very much.

Much love,

Gayle

Gayle,

I am sorry to hear of your loss...it happened so quickly, but at least there is no more pain for your Mom. I pray that you will find peace and comfort as you go through this difficult time. I think there are times when we all feel that we are flying by the seat of our pants...we wish we had had more information or we feel we are overwhelmed with information. The bottom line is that we all just do the very best we can...I just always hope that God is guiding me in my decision making.

Peace,

Margaret

So sorry to learn of the loss of your mother. I am praying that God will give you needed strength and peace to get through this difficult time. It must be so comforting to know that the pain meds were helping to relieve her pain near the end. [/b]