only in Michigans upper penisula

David A

Only in Michigan's U P

The owner of a golf course in the U.P. was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from NMU and I need some help. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, then replied, "Everything but my earrings."

Northern Michigan Huskies A group of U.P. friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck. "Where's Ole?" the others asked.

"Ole had a stroke or something. He's a couple of miles back up the trail," the successful hunter replied.

"You left Ole laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.

"A tough call," nodded the hunter. "But I figured ain't nobody gonna steal Ole!"

Regarding the year 2003, a senior at Mich. Tech was overheard saying .

"When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in U.P.." When asked why, he stated that everything happens here 20 years later than the rest of the civilized world.

The young U.P'er came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Torvo, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!"

Torvo replied, "Did you see who it was?"

The U.P'er answered, "I couldn't tell, but I got the license number."

NEWS FLASH! - Munising Michigan's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane, piloted by two Michigan Tech University students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today in Munising.

Munising search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening. The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts.

A Michigan State trooper pulled over a pickup on M-28. The trooper asked, "Got any ID?"

The driver replied, " 'Bout whut?