Where have I been??

ginnyde

Friday morning I went into the hospital to have my urethrea dialated. Short procedure - home by noon. Wrong, when they intubated me I started coughing. Turns out I aspirated whatever. So home by noon on Friday became home by noon on Saturday.

Earl got very agitated when I didn't come home as planned and I was very agitated that I wasn't home as planned. Fortunately, with friends, family and my angel LPN Earl and I have been well cared for.

It is just now that I am beginning to feel like a human being again.

An in some ways it was a comedy of errors - like I had to come home catherized. Had a day (leg) bag and a night bag with a 40 feet hose, I swear, caught on everything. Lost the cap to the day bag first night, so I was tethered to the bag from he!! until this a.m.

Little scary though since on Friday they took a chest x-ray. All of us here are very aware of what they can show. It did show infiltration in the lower right lobe but they told me it in no way looked like cancer. But I am now in the hands of a pulmonologist.

The hospice nurse was here this a.m. and said that Earl is doing great, good heart, good lungs, good blood pressure. She wants us to get him up into his chair everyday. We did for over an hour, so he is now snoring across the room from me.

I am now going to catch up on all the news about my friends. I am only hoping that it is all good news.

Ginny,

SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU! :D:D:D

That "little procedure" as you described it turned into a big deal, huh? I'm glad that's over with for you. Also, I am thrilled to hear that Earl's vitals are so good. Snoring is good - very good! Love that sound! Music to your ears, huh?

Love,

Peggy

Geez, Ginny, like you needed THAT? And why does anyone need their uretha dilated? OK, don't answer that . . .

I am so sorry, but I hope you're OK and normal now.

glad to hear everything is so normal with Earl right now, that's great news. poor guy, had to go overnight without the love of his life by his side.

Take care,

Karen

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Ginny, Geez you sure need a break from all the hard times you're going through. Sending you prayers and good wishes.

Cat

Ginny,

Seems like those "easy" procedures are never as "easy" as they say they are gonna be!!!! (Maybe they mean easy for the dr.)!

Glad you are feeling better and hope you are "un-tethered" by now. You certainly didn't need this right now. Glad Earl is doing ok. Hope the "goods" continue.....

TAnn

This is a major rule violation Ginny. The caregiver is not allowed to be ill or out of commission. No fine this time, but watch it! Poor Duke must have been worried sick.

That's enough excitement for awhile ok?

What a time you are having, Ginny!!! Someone earlier said that it's the "simple little procedures" that always seem to be the biggest headaches. Anyway, glad you're feeling better and back on your feet. I'm also so very glad to hear that the Duke is having a good day and is up in his chair....even if he is sleeping!!!

Oy vey Ginny, what a time you had! Hopefully you can slow down now.

PS--I had an infiltrate in both lungs at one point, found when I had an abdominal ct, had follow up scans sand they went away. Very common :)