Shoulder Pain

Rachel

Bummer.... I've been having pain in my lower left side of neck, shoulder & upper arm. Saw the Doc today & will have bone scan tomorrow(Tues).

Very nervous about this. Maybe I injured it & don't remember. Since WBR that happens often. Not remembering. LOL. Lets hope so. I have reservations for the Michigan party so all must be well. Has anyone else experienced this & what was the outcome?

Rachel

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I had horrid pain in my mid back extending to my left shoulder and discomfort in my neck. They did a bone scan and said it was most likely from an injury. I couldn't understand how I injured it but I am getting older and it doesn't take much these days!

I'll pray for you especially hard today that it's just a pulled muscle or a bruised bone.

Cat

I also have some ugly pain on my right side that mimics your shoulder/neck pain to the tee. But I think I know what I did to cause it. I leaned back in an unsteady lawn chair and went backwards then sideways till I caught myself. This happened very quickly...so I'm here to say a lasting injury can go unnoticed by many. If I had no memory of this happening....I'd swear my cancer was back. It hurts so bad. But injuries like this are easy to get....so stop worrying. Mention it to your onco and get on with the business of life. Good luck.

Guest JasonChang

Hello,

My father also experienced pain in the shoulder as you have described it. His oncologists could not pin point the problem for several months following his NED status. There were no mets to the shoulder but the pain was increasing every few weeks. My father went from taking no pain meds to being prescribed oxycontin, in a matter of weeks. We finally found the culprit of the pain. It was from fluid in the left pluera space, which caused compression against the nerves in his chest area, which is also connected to the shoulder blades. After they drained the fluid, the pain subsided, and that was solved for a bit.

Jason Chang

Rachel

Don't have a clue about the pain. So many things can cause shoulder pain--even the abdomen can present there. Darn it. But I want you to know that I am thinking of you and sooooo happy you get to go to Michigan. Have a blast for all of us.

love

elaine