Mom's latest scan results

Guest bbypookins

Guest bbypookins

Well, it's not awful, but it's not great either. Her scan showed that the cancer is still growing with the Taxotere, but it's not in the liver, which the onc was concerned about. So, they've taken her off the Taxotere and now she's starting Alimta. Does anyone have experience with this? I've read up about it, but I'd like to hear from someone else who is taking it. Unfortunately, the doctor told her this is her last treatment option which of course freaked her out. I can't imagine how there can't be anything else we can do, but I suppose it's possible. Her biggest relief came when she told the doctor that her biggest fear was not being able to breathe and he told her that didn't look like it should be a problem because of the location of her lung tumor. So, she came out of the appointment feeling pretty well. It's certainly not as good as we would have like it, but it could also be a lot worse. We have to count our blessings. Her goal is to make it to Christmas. I really hope she can.