Senator responded

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Cat may have taken it off for some reason. But since some of us are having trouble posting posts that somehow don't show up, it may have been that too. I see that her post that begins this thread is not an editied version of the one I read earlier. So who knows????

Cat will let us know, I'm sure.

elaine

Cat,

I'm sorry you feel lousy today :(

I can't recall what it was you wrote your senator about....treatment of LC patients? awareness? funding?

Do you know if your state has declared November "Lung Cancer Awareness Month" (what state are you in and I'll research it for you) We had a Senator pass it through in NJ in May, but it is waiting to be heard by the Assembly House. I just dashed off a letter to them last week encouraging them to quickly pass it...

Boy oh boy.....writing to your senator....we have another Activist on our hands! :wink: You'll have to start posting on that thread!

Andrea and I were just commenting about how empty that forum is.....

ps - no, I don't think your blood pressure is "too little" to call your doctor about!

Cat,

So glad that the senator is checking into it. You on the other hand, I am concerned about. Go to the docs and check it out. Trust me. High blood pressure and the pains you describe, may be the sign of something more serious. Call your doctor!

Cheryl

Cat,

I also think you should go get checked out with that b/p and for your pain. I may have missed something but they sound like new areas to me. I admire you Cat. You are getting something done when you feel like crap. That takes real will power. I will keep you in my prayers.

Nina

Cat,

Call about the bp. You don't have a little chuggy valve like the pressure cooker does....... and you can't just blow a gasket if it is too much!

Do not despair, my friend. Never say never. See if the doctor will get your case to Dr. Schrump's attention at NIH. He's in town in August, I have my scans then.

Meanwhile, find a good book to reward yourself for your efforts. If you can't find one, write one.

XOXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

if its worth anything cat.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

you have made a spectacular differance in my life. You have shown me that courage comes in the places you would least expect it. Its in the people with the most fear, and the most to loose.

You are facing the battle of your life. Yet your still taking time to wage war for every other person who is or will be stricken with this disease.

I love you and I thank you for your courage, strength and convictions.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Thanks everyone. It means a great deal to me to have support. Your support and kindness is one of the reasons I decided to fight and get us some attention.

We deserve it.

BTW, this isn't my state senator - it's a U.S. Senator - with real pull.

Cat

Cat,

Very impressive to get a reply from a US senator!! You must have written an awesome letter. I wish I could have read it. I ditto everything Shelly said also!! Now, you need to go to the DR and find out whats wrong. You cant fight for anything if you dont fight for yourself!!! I love You Cat!

God Bless You Always,

Jane