new blood test

john

Blood test detects 90 percent of lung cancers

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. — BioCurex Inc. on April 5 announced results for lung cancer detection using its proprietary Serum-RECAF blood test. The results confirm 90 percent sensitivity with 95 percent specificity (accurately detected lung cancer 95 out of 100 times; detected absence of cancer 90 times out of 100).

The study included 32 lung cancer patients and 103 normal donors.

These results were consistent with those obtained for other types of cancer and strengthen the use of Serum-RECAF as a valid test for screening the general population for cancer. Since lung cancer, as well as many other cancers, is difficult to detect, the overall value of the RECAF technology in human and market terms is significant.

Lung cancer is now the most common form of cancer diagnosed in the United States and a major cause of death. Lung cancer accounts for 14 percent of all cancers and 28 percent of all cancer deaths. At present, more Americans die from lung cancer than from breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers combined.

After posting the above article, I don't think it has much promise. I did a search and most of the hits are related to the stock.

I think it is just a company doing a stock scam.

Just goes to show you: Buyer beware