All in his head?!?

jamie

Good afternoon Everyone! Its a swealtering 93 degrees here in Sunny Chicago, and the humidity has hit the roof today!

My dad saw the surgeon yesterday, and now he has completly changed his tune. They decided NOT to open him back up because they dont want to ruin the good 3 1/2 weeks of healing hes got goin for him. Yesterdays x-ray looked alot better. As for as the windpipe thing, it has seemed to become unblocked, so thats good.

The doctor seems to think that Dad has just been expecting to much too soon as far as recovery. Thinks hes doing just fine, and the pain is to be expected.

Told my dad the dr. was telling him to stop being a baby :lol:

My dad thinks that he was just SO pumped up to go to Burbanais to watch the Bears Training, that he was rushing things... That trip of course is OUT... :cry:

But...the weird thing is that he says he feels 100% better today, and he thinks mentally he was stressing himself out with recovery becuause of trying to make the trip...and now that he KNOWS hes not going, he can relax and recooperate...

Thats all for now... thanks guys!

Jamie

But...the weird thing is that he says he feels 100% better today, and he thinks mentally he was stressing himself out with recovery becuause of trying to make the trip...and now that he KNOWS hes not going, he can relax and recooperate...

That is so very possible!!! I had a similar situation with back pain about 6 months ago.....I got myself so worked up about it that one day I couldn't even get out of bed.....I had an MRI of my back done the next day and was too stressed to even go to work. When the results showed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I cried from relief.....and realized at the end of the day that my back felt amazingly better. And has not bothered me since. :roll:

Hopefuly this is the case with your dad, and the news from the doctor will put him at ease and speed up his recovery! Tell him to relax, let people wait on him, and enjoy the downtime! :wink:

Jamie,

Glad you dad is feeling better today. Sometimes the relief of just laying around and getting better is enough to make us feel better. I think it's also a relief to be told by the doc that everything is going fine--and he's doing well in recovery. This will get better, believe me. It's sure nice that they don't have to go in again, because you would take about 3.5 weeks of recovery back and start all over again.

I hope things continue to progress just fine....

Cindy

Hi Jamie,

I'm sure glad your Dad is feeling better today. Just tell him to take care of himself and get plenty of rest so he can heal. I tried to rush things a little and it wasn't good. I cheated on my driving. I snuck out in the car a week before I was supposed to and I was a little too weak yet. Boy did I hurt. Best wishes.

Sharon