Feeling left out!!!

-Cheryl-

Hey all you Michigan people, I bet you guys are really wooping in up about now!!! Thats o.k., we folk here in Texas know how to do a shin dig too. Unfortunately, there aren't many of us around these parts. Thanks Katie, you ran off to join the Michigan bunch! Traitor!!! Texas is one huge state, and we got people.....like Don and Lucie!!! Oh, and lets not forget the nearby Oklahoma people too....like O.K.Debie. Anyone interested in in doing a little bit of partying???? P.S. you Michiganers are invited I guess too. Let's get something organized. I am great at seeking out donations. We could have fun and maybe raise some cash in the process for LCSC.

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl, if you decide on a fall or winter date, I might just join you guys to escape our cold!!!! Never been to Texas :lol:

Faylene

PS I'm feeling left out too!

Cheryl,

I am THERE whenever you guys say the word. I am presently sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't make it to Michigan to see all my Northern friends. But I will be in Dallas for a party in a heartbeat if I have to hitchhike!!

In the meantime, do you think we should order about 20 pizzas and have them delivered to Ry's party??? Something has to make me feel better! :cry:

Hey Cheryl I heard that! I so wish that all of us on the board could have been there, it was a day to remember. I personally made lots of memories and it was so neat to meet everyone. Be careful or we may Keep Katie B, she is one sweet person, wathc for the pictures soon.

As long as no one told the Dallas authorties I was back in town I might consider a trip to Tejas. I lived there in 81 and 82 when I was young and real stupid especailly with a belly full of alcohol and thats why I no longer drink, not since Aug 17th 1982. Just be carefull who you send the pizza bill to. David A

Cheryl,

We sure missed all of you too. It was a great party. I think we sent enough bills to David though (I brought a lot of dessert eaters :wink: )!

It sure would be nice to meet EVERYONE on the board but for now I guess we have to settle for one state at a time.

Its great to see your sense of humor is alive and kicking!

Holy Moly...

Just walked Snowflake to her car and you guys have already gotten home and posted already. It was a wonderful night, glad you could all make it, sorry we missed those of you that couldn't. We've all decided to do this again next year. We had a wonderful time.

Nightie Night.

Rochelle

Sounds great! Just to spite all of you Chuck and I drove about 50 miles to a really nice restaurant and had a delicious meal...Still missed all of you though. Maybe we could make it to Texas. Fall would be the ideal time. Keep us posted...and if not there...how about Alabama? Think about it.

Nina

What about us yankees, are we allowed in Texas? By the way, until this disease hit me I was a truck driver and been all over Texas and had a plan to retire somewhere down there. So much for plans. I really do love Texas even though I'm a yankee.

I am sure Katie and I could work that out here. We love having parties!! Well, that is, we loved having parties until the little ones came.. We used to have them about 4 or 5 times a year..

We actually won a superbowl party from one of the radio stations and had 300+ people along with the Coors Light truck , bbq catered , 150 piece marching band and the station was DJ'ing the music from out living room. The radio station provided it all... Wish they had brought chicken or something other than bbq, our house was 2 months old with white carpet and when it was over it was white carpet with red bbq spots all over the place.. The station then sent a cleaning crew over and took care of that too.. It was fun(What I can remember) what can I say, coor truck???? Couldnt help it.. lol..

I felt a bit left out yesterday too.. Would have loved to meet everyone!!!!! Loved to see David's car, Sandy's dog and etc...

I will talk with Katie and see about what we can do here for a big - o shin dig!!! Just one thing, we dont have that beautiful Lake like Ry or a party barge but we could improvise..

Lets see...

Hey folks,

Jack and I got a new pontoon boat, which we haven't even been out in yet (I had emergency surgery). We live close to Ray Hubbard Lake. We could have the bash where ever you guys like. Lake Hubbard would be nice. I guess it depends on the number interested in coming.

I am with Ginny, I want details. I can't wait to see the pictures. Who all came? Hey Dave, any reward money involved? Maybe I should alert America's Most Wamted, or circulate fliers or something- Ha!!! So glad you all had the chance to meet one another and had a good time. Just remember Texas people know how to throw a serious party. All fugitives welcome- including David A.

Cheryl

If ya'll have a Texas shindig maybe Dave Faith and I can come, Dave's parents live in Paris, a lovely city comparable only to the French Paris (haha) - it's about 1.5 hours north of Dallas, they are currently full time RV'ing it this year and have rented their house out and after we all go to Glacier in two weeks they're heading to our house for the second time in two years to help Dave fight the Beast. But next year they should be home and we'll owe them a visit anyway. We were supposed to go down there in April 2003 so Faith could meet all of her Texas relatives but Dave got diagnosed in March and then we couldn't get our money back from Priceline despite some pretty pathetic pleas from Dave and his Dad. So I don't recommend Priceline any more. Yeah, so about a month about we book plane tickets for Glacier he gets diagnosed again. No more advance airline tickets purchases for us!

Cheryl and Jack, we have a pontoon boat, too - and unlike Ry and Mr. Ry we don't live on a lake but on a pretty decent river. I'm thinking us Chapmans should host an east coast shin dig, we are sorta centrally located - either in the fall or next spring/summer after Dave is well again. or heck, maybe before this fall . . . so what if he's in chemo? We can even put up some folks, we have a small house, relatively, but our much underused 26' travel trailer has made quite a good guest house recently and we do have a guest room and someone could use Faith's room.

Ok, 'nuff rambling from me, Dave and I were just wishing we could have been there in Michigan. Darn it all. If it weren't for this disease we would have been there. Oh, I almost forgot, if it weren't for this disease we would never have met all you fine folks!

Karen C.

Cheryl,

Not sure the time frame you are looking at, but pick someplace that has a nice hotel, please. With enough notice, we MAY be able to "swing" the trip...depends on school, weather, housing issues, etc.

...and were we to drive, there is a possibility of "Wagons Ho" and heading west... :wink:

The party: Rochelle & John & kiddos Caitlin, Tyler, Jillian & doggy Cody; Rochelle & John's friends - Guy, Karen, Cathy, (and the guy I forgot...oops!, guess I fail "the Test"); Lisa O & hubby Barry & kiddos Leah (I spelled that wrong, I know I did) and Kristin; Cathy & hubby Mark; Joe B. & wife Gina; Rachel (yea, from Alaska!) with friend Phyllis; Sandy & puppy playmate Princess (who walked from Chicago on four furry legs); KatieB (in her smokin' Mustang - her story, I'm sure she'll post...); Mark & Me & Andrew; DavidA and his family - minus his wife and sons...(his mother came to make sure he didn't get out of line). I fear I may have forgotten someone, my apologies, I have no pictures to refer to AND my memory is shot...

It was great fun, great food and good weather - although it DID get kinda chilly toward the end and swimming was OUT... So glad Rochelle took the initiative and made it all happen! May it be the first of many!

Just to let all you Texans know..I will be more than happy to help out with any plans made in Dallas... just let me know what you need me to do. As you know, I 'm only a stone's throw.

Also, for any "Yankees", come on down. I am a Northerner living in the South so I will be glad to serve as interpreter when needed. :lol: And DavidA, I think they have taken the roadblocks down by now so it should be safe. :shock:

I think Norme was coming to Texas for a quilt show sometime in late fall???

I will be in Houston for the quilt show. I am planning on arriving Nov 3 and staying until Nov 8 but can come sooner or stay later. I have a nephew in Dallas. He is always wanting me to come down too.

I wasn't able to make it to Michigan and am so very sad about that. I thought about all of you all day long.

You think Debi? I would like to visit Dallas again with out blurred vision and I do need a new pair of shi_ kickers, cowboy boots for the yankees. Sorry you all had to miss the party of the year and yes the cops were there. One of my sister called today and commented it looked we all knew each other and we do.

NaNaNaNa na na, I'm not rubbing it in!LOl

David A., what?! Your mom had to come to Michigan to keep you in line this time?! We'll let you come to Texas, but you have to live up to your promise and give the cops a reason to attend! (But your mom is sure welcome, too.)

Count me in for the Texas Bash! I may live in California, but as Karen said, my folks hail from the Paris, Texas area, and that's "home base." I'll be there anytime you say.

And we need to plan a California get-together, too... Maybe that's another thread, altogher, though...

Back to the Texas Bash... Let's do it!

BeckyCW