Since you asked.

DeanCarl

Dean, so glad you're still chugging away! Hope you celebrated your birthday appropriately, with merriment, food and drink!

You probably know this, but it sounds like your morphine dose is pretty low. Don't fear morphine; it has a certain reputation (due to myths about addicts), but it's the BEST drug for cancer pain relief. When you up the dose you will be drowsy at first, but then it goes away.

Take good care, Dean. - Teresa

Dean -

You are absolutely AMAZING!!! Your outlook on life should be copied by those who are not facing a life threatening disease and the world would be a much better place!!!! I wish you a early happy birthday with many, many more to come!

Much Love,

Amy

Dean

I know you havent asked for my advice, but was wondeing if you had considered celbrex for your joint pain. I doubt that your hospice will provide it because of the expense, but the VA probably would. It also has anti-tumor properties which might help stabilize you. Also have you considered IRESSA as a first line drug? Again the VA should be open to this. Trials on first line have shown promise....

Ok I stuck my nose in but just hoping you might consider these as additions to your fight.

elaine

Happy, happy birthday to you, Dean!

I loved reading what you wrote -- we like the same TV programs, but reading what you said about not being down ... Powerful words!

Several weeks ago, I had one of those moments in which an answer came to me "out of the blue" about something I'd had on my mind. When I'd be a little blue, I'd find myself praying for a break -- just for God to give me one break here. Finally, it occurred to me that my "break" from God had been when I was born on this earth, and the life I have had for over 51 years, and the one I have every day when I get up and can open my eyes. The "break" included all the gifts I've had from God (and I won't go into a detailed religious explanation, realizing how very personal people's beliefs are) and all those I continue to receive on a daily basis.

So, just exactly who was I to ask for and expect a "break" from God? Sheesh! I try every day to think like you do -- there are so very many alternatives to being down or blue or sad, and I just try to find one when that happens. It isn't difficult to fine one - it's more difficult if I had to just find only one.

You are an amazing and brave person. I'm glad to have the opportunity to read your inspiring words, and look forward to reading more.

Dianne

Sorry that you're feeling so tired and hope you get some energy. Take good care of yourself and have a Happy, Happy Birthday! It is awful hard to breathe in the hot weather. I notice that too. I feel real tired on those muggy days. Thanks for all your encouragement. I will get my first disability check in August. You were right. They didn't give me a hard time at all! Prayers and hugs to you!

Sharon

Happy Birthday Dean!

It is great to ready all about you and the cats and your bird watching. It is a good thing you have been staying inside as the fires and heat have not made the quality of air too good in California these last few days, or at least it hasn't here.

I must tell you a story about my close encounter with a humming bird. One evening when I was much younger, I was leaning on the railing of our deck , waiting to welcome my husband to home from work. I had made myself look good for him, refreshed my lipstick etc. and to my surprize a hummingbird mistook me for a flower!! I must say that was the first and last time I have ever been mistaken for anything like that!

My daughter Karen has two cats, Bucky and CJ. CJ often lies- in- wait for Bucky in their hallway. Buck is such a "ding dong", he gets caught in this trap time and time again. The family so enjoy watching these two play, it is amazing how much joy and comfort animals bring to us humans isn't it!

Love Paddy

Best Wishes for a Happy Birthday.

You have such a great joy of life and I enjoy reading your posts.

It causes one to do some soul searching as to what is important and where our priorities might get mixed up.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts .

Kate