A prayer for my mother

Oh, how awful, Caledon. I'm so sorry for your mom and it must be so painful to break a hip and the surgery probably has both of you scared. The only way she is going to be free of that pain, though, is to have the surgery. Since surgery is in two hours, I doubt that you will see this, but if you do, please give your mom a big hug for me. And here's one for you, too: ((((((((CALEDON))))))))))))

Love,

Peggy

Thank you, your prayers mean a lot – more than you realize! Update, Mom’s surgery has been delayed till tomorrow. Apparently there is a bit of a battle going on!/? The surgical team is upset at how the Onc team has handled Previous chemo (07/15/04) follow up. Apparently, blood counts are lower – especially potassium (almost non-existent) – than what was indicated a week ago! She would bleed out - currently on IV drip. O My GOD! Now I’m PISSED Right __ off!!!

Advocacy People!!!

Major meeting in the AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caledon

Caldeon,

My mom always had a very serious potassium problem. When she had to have part of her lung removed, they gave her massive i.v. potassium in the hospital for a day before the surgery to get it up, and then she successfully had surgery. I'm sorry you are upset with your doctors. Maybe the potassium didn't drop so low until recently. Does she get blood work before each chemo? Everything will be ok, so please try to relax and don't be angry. Right now, your mother needs your hugs, and being angry will just upset her. She needs to go into a surgery knowing everything is going to be ok.

Love and hugs,

Peggy

Peggy thanks! Mom Is the health professional. She is Pissed off to the point that I and the doc's are having a chat in the AM. I did not know about this neither did she! The pre-operative bloodwork indicated significant problems! K levels and others should have been evident on the last work-up! She gets a full blood work-up every two weeks. The last being 07/15/04.

Caledon

Caledon,

I am glad you and your mom are on top of the electrolyte levels, that should have been pcked up.

About the hip surgery --

My mom has two hips replaced, and she found it was not so awful -- beat the osteoarthritis she had before. Plus, they have better surgical materials now, more durable.

If she was going to break something, be glad it was something we have the technology to repair somewhat effectively. It could have been something worse!

Prayers for you and your mom, Hope all goes well in surgery.

XOXOXOXOX

MaryAnn

My Mother's surgery went well - the docs are happy. The meeting...well I'll leave that for another day! I guess now we're on infection watch.

My heart goes out to T-bone's family especially the kids!

The pictures from the Michigan party were a bonus - thanks! :-D

caledon

I'm late to this post too (but kinda glad as it sounds like things are more under control). Thank goodness you're there supporting your mom now. Just remember to never mutter those infamous words - "what next!!!" as there always seems to be something with this ##@*% disease. Hang in there - things have to be better soon.