follow up on being a copy cat.

shirleyb

I was really hoping that I could come back and say I was over reacting. My gut told me that this was not a false alarm. With that being said, I still don't know what I am facing other than I have a tumor on my lymph node in the breast.

I have to wait six months for a follow up test unless of course things change sooner than that.

I am still hopeful that it is not cancer. I need to keep my fears in check for my own peace of mind. I have to keep reminding myself that we have caught it at a very early stage whatever it is.

So.....on I go. One day at a time. Trying to cherish every day I wake up in the morning.

Thank you God.

Shirleyb

Shirley,

Cancel out the bad thoughts with a word in bold blue text:

BENIGN!

Here's hoping it's all in your head...well, not really IN your head, but a "pigment" of your imagination (yea, a "pigment", coloring your thoughts with fear).

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

xxoo,

Becky

I have some red flags flying here! Sorry, but . . .

Why are they waiting 6 months for a follow up test?

Do they feel it is a tumor or a cyst?

Did you have an ultrasound done?

I have had needle bipsies done (inconclusive), and excisions of lumps, which is same day and little recovery. I have been told the only way to know for sure is through a biopsy.

I do not mean to be negative here, but I just know some sad "Let's wait and see" stories.

You can take all films and reports and get another opinion. I am taking my SIL next week to my breast surgeon for a second opinion. In my mind I don't rest until I've heard the news twice.

Please forgive me for any upset I may have caused you.

gail

Gail,

I am more in line with your thinking. I don't trust doctors anymore.

I had six pics on the mammo and they did the ultrasound where it showed the tumor on the lymph. The idea of waiting six months is nuts to me.

I am going to be intouch with my primary care doctor and see what she says about the report. I only saw the images on the ultrasound and mammo pics. I do have 3 cysts on top of everything else. One is about the size of a small plum. So once I check with her and get her opinion, I will probably seek a second opinion. After what happened with Randy I have very little faith in doctors. My only other obstacle in this is the insurance company. Since it is a private health care network, I am limited in who I can see and have it covered.

To wait six months and see if anything changes is a crap shoot as far as I am concerned. I would rather have it taken out and biopsied and know for sure than wait the six months and wonder and hope and pray. I want answers.

I am trying to keep things inperspective, but I am not willing to gamble with my health. The letter I got in the mail, (so personal) said it probably is benign. But that is not a for sure. That is a bet and like I said, I would rather not gamble with this.

Thanks for listening. Everyone wants to hope for the best but until you know for sure it can wear on you.

Take care all.

Shirleyb

Not to press the point, and please remember that the following happened in 1993:

My surgeon was biopsing my lump, which was my fourth, and while I was on the table, and awake, she told me it looked fine. 4 days later she informed me that the tests showed it was not.

With the second breast cancer, 1997, she did a needle bipsy prior to the excision. The needle biopsy was "inconclusive". The tumor was malignant.

With the lung cancer, 2001, that nodule also had a needle biopsy. Guess what: "Inconclusive" ! And yes, it was malignant.

Fight the insurance company. And find out what a second opinion might cost not under insurance. I don't think my surgeon's office visists are too outrageous.

gail

Shirley

Like you, I would not be happy waiting 6 months to find out if there is anything to be concerned about.

Is there some reason they do not want to do further investigative tests at this point? Seems crazy to me!

I hope you are able to force the issue and get some resolution.

Karen

Shirley,

I need to chime in with the rest here--I hate that wait 6 months idea. Please get a second opinion, argue with the insurance company, do whatever you can to find out for sure.

If it is a malignancy, then getting it out 6 months earlier than you otherwise would has to be a good thing.

If it is benign, and only tissue sample (biopsy) will tell for sure one way or the other, then you've saved yourself six months of worry by knowing now.

I don't mean to upset you either, but early stage is so much better if this turns out to be a cause for concern.

Cindy

Shirley,

Have it out, it is the only way, biopsies are not always

the best, they may miss the target.

It is a fast (day) operation and minor pain, why worry

for 6 months, better now than later.

I never had a biopsy, only removal each time there was

a lump. Very glad I did. Never worried during the pathology,

it was out.......

Get the baseball bat and boxing gloves and go.

Hugs

J.C.

Shirley,

please even if you have to pay for it. see another surgeon, if they want to go further then your insurance co. should pay. what if it is cancer, waiting 6 months wont help it.

please consider paying for a second opinion if your insurnace co. wont and getting a second set of eyes to see what they think.

Shirley,

Hopin and praying that everything is ok. Try and not think about it (impossible i know :? ) but 6 months is a long way away, and you dont want to spend every waking moment waiting around for info. I hope everything is fine...im sure it will be.

Jamie

Shirley,

I know that the lump(s) are probably benign. However, you really do need to do what will make YOU feel more in control and more secure. Boy, do I understand the frustrations of HMO networks, but there are ways to get what you want and need. Sometines you have to pay, but IF the first reports are wrong, you won't have to pay for much.

Your posts have always given me insight and your will to survive for your dear husband and your children is strong. Do what you need to do. I hate the thought of you worrying yourself sick for six months.

love

elaine

Dear Shriley,

Just wanted to DITTO the 6 month waiting issue that everyone else has shared with you. I hope and pray you can get in and find out much sooner then 6 months from now. :roll::x Sorry to add, that's just CRAZINESS!

I'm with Ginny, put your fighting mits on!

I'm saying some extra prayers for you.