Bess B. has died

KatieB

I just wanted to let everyone know that our beloved Bess B. (Ann Bernadino) passed away. I did not know her family and no one contacted us. I learned of her death thru memorial donation that came in on her behalf. I was shocked. I had "known" Bess for a long time. Her and my dad were diagnosed about a month apart. Thru me, they supported each other.

I will miss Bess, and I am sending prayers that her family find peace in comfort in this terrible time.

I'll miss you Bess.

Here is her obit

http://legacy.com/HartfordCourant/Legac ... ID=2406212

Ann (Warren) Bernadino

BERNADINO, Ann (Warren) Ann (Warren) Bernadino, 65, a life-long resident of Kensington before moving to Southington 21 years ago, beloved wife of Barry Bernadino for 45 years, died Friday, (July 2, 2004) at Hospice in Branford after a courageous battle with lung cancer. The daughter of the late Raymond and the late Bernice Warren, she was educated in New Britain Catholic Schools and graduated from Morse School of Business in Hartford, and was a phenomenal business woman and artist who operated her own ceramics/crafts show promotion business in the 1970's. From the 1990's until her death, she pursued her true passion, antiques, as a dealer and collector and became very successful with her own label, "Annie B's antiques". She began with retail space in group shops such as the Plantsville General Store, Glastonbury Axe Factory, and Collinsville Antiques as well as her own small shop, and later became a pioneer and top-seller on E-Bay and specialized as a vintage textiles expert; selling to designers and collectors throughout the country and abroad. She most loved participating in antique shows, especially in Brimfield, Farmington, and the Sturbridge Textile shows. Ann deeply loved her family and closest friends, and was loyal and devoted to all who were lucky to be part of her life. She especially cherished the time she spent with her three beautiful and beloved grandchildren, David Das Bernadino of Bristol, and Samantha and Max Walter of Wethersfield. They were the light of her life, and brought her the greatest source of pride, joy, and unconditional love. She will be greatly missed by them. In addition to her husband and grandchildren, she is survived by three children, Steven Bernadino and his ex-wife Angela Das, of Bristol, Thomas Bernadino of Southington, and Suzanne (Bernadino) Walter and her husband Denis Walter of Wethersfield. She was predeceased by her brother Richard Warren. A Memorial Mass will be held Wednesday at 10 a.m. at St. Paul's Church on Alling Street in Kensington. Burial in St. Mary Cemetery, New Britain will be at the convenience of the family. Friends and relatives are invited to call at Porter's Funeral Home, 111 Chamberlain Highway, Kensington, on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be sent in her name to Lung Cancer support Community, 112 Hollywood Blvd., Euless, TX 76040. Directions to the funeral home can be found at www.portersfuneral.com

• 5 months later...

I know that this is really late but I just found out that she has passed away. I just pm'd Cathy and she told me of the sad news. :(

I liked Bess from the beginning and after ready her obit I can see that in many ways we were kindred spirits. Thanks Rick for also posting the obit as they will not always be accessible from the link.

Bess was a great help to me as well and I am sorry that she is gone. She was about the same age as my mom when she died.